Early growth clarification

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raven-X

Smokey McPoterson
Reaction score
Like I said before this is my first time growing. I planted this seed that TOOK OFF! It's now a good 3 inches above the soil with the seed still a top. A pale shade of green, and the seed top is starting to turn brown. Should it have already been recieving light as of the second it came on top of the surface? I figured no light until the leaves, but I couldnt find it in the grow guide in this forum so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

You should give your seedlings light from the beginning. My seedlings are under 250 watts mh and sometimes I start them under 1000 watts mh. If the seed husk is stuck to the top of the seedling you should carefully remove it.

I put it under a good Flour. Light, for 14 hours and it's green, and I am not sure if it's a hermie or a lady. Def not a male.

Once this plant get's what it needed it seems to just take off like a rocket. Thanks for the help, Any other early on suggestions will help. The soil is great, and as far as vegging the plant, where is a good spot to find pics of the different stages of growth for a plant? That would be amazingly helpful. :joint:

it is very difficult/ near impossible to tell sex at this early age. you have to veg them for at least a month-2 months or til they start showing preflowers

Many people including myself believe that marijuana plants become male or female in the early stages of vegging and not at the seed level. I and others on this site have learned how to influence the sex of your plants. Your plants wll not show their sex until they are mature. On average it takes two months. Some strains are quicker and some take longer. There are many good pics of vegging plants in the gallery on this site. You will find a sticky by mutt in the marijuana strains forum of this site on how to affect the sex of your plants.

im just growing my in a green house with out a light so does that matter

There are many factors that influence sex besides light. Check out the sticky it has a lot of good info. I have seen all of the methods in the sticky published in excellent grow books.

Latest posts

Back