Ekoostik_Hookahs Grow Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good looking grow man..btw y did u put rocks on top of the soil?also how are u getting light to the underside of the plants.and finally,where did u get those seeds?they look good

phillybuds said:
good looking grow man..btw y did u put rocks on top of the soil?also how are u getting light to the underside of the plants.and finally,where did u get those seeds?they look good

I put rocks down, so i dont disturb the soil so much when i water.
my soil tops always get distroyed and the roots start showing, then i started putting rocks down on all my grows.....now i never see roots.
edit: OH! and i mainly do it to help hold moisture into the soil...which it does...and i added more rocks, so u can hardly even see the soil now.

I dont know what you mean getting light to underside? but i do use good side lighting from hanging CFLs

In the picture, its just naural light hitting the plants.

and the seeds are random, but yes it looks very good, and smells great.

Ekoostik_Hookah said:
heres the ladies getting some natural light, on todays very sunny day.
It was beaming through the windows and flooding my house with bright white light.
they loved it, wind was blowin, tunes ah playin.......yeaaa maannn

Oh ya, one of the girls isnt pictured.....and the one all the way to the left, in first pic....is the slacker girl who isnt budding any further.....or jus really sloooooow

i love puting my girl out in the natural sun light they def love that! looking good man cant wait to see the end result.

Ekoostik_Hookah said:
and the one all the way to the left, in first pic....is the slacker girl who isnt budding any further.....or jus really sloooooow

they are locked up thats why :) thats the worse leaf curl I have ever seen on a plant.... maybe a good flush will get em back on track(3 gallons water to 1 gallon of soil)

also might want to read up on co2 a bit before you inject it into the grow;)

grow on

Hey HGB, just saw your post...
thanks man, thats what i was thinking..
i will flush her out tomarrow.

thanks againnnnnnnn

Alllright...so here is my update for you all:

I am approx. 15 days away from harvest...

However I did cut the main Cola off one of my really mature plants.... I left the bottom 1/3+ of the plant; so the smaller buds could fill in......and thicken up. (atleast that what im aiming for).

2 of the plants, i would say; are budding perfectly.... given the current lighting. 1 of the 2 has thicker budz, it also has a great deal of trich's.
the 2nd of the 2 isnt as thick, but its got trich's and 50%+ of the pistils are orange :).

The last girl i have; was locked up like crazy...i flushed her out..she is doing better, and seems to be picking up pace on budding. She is currently the tallest of all the girls.......and she strangly Reakes like crazy, for having such long and Thin buds.....?

000_0819.JPG

000_0822.JPG

000_0818.JPG

000_0820.JPG

000_0817.JPG

000_0816.JPG

000_0815.JPG

Also, im going to try a little experiment with 1 or 2 of the girls.

Since its kinda cold outside these days....and since plants tend to turn purple-ish when exposed to colder temps.
I was thinking that for the last few days before harvest, either on a few cold days; i would stick the girl(s) outside.....and/or put them outside at night when the temps are much colder than day time....( about 30-60 degrees at night).

If i did this, say at night; for say 3-4 days...think my plants may turn alittle purple?
Maybe it would be best if i put it outside on a sunny, cooler day... (45-51 degree day)

Whats up EH. The ladies are looking great and i bet you can't wait to give them the axe. :hubba: I know when it gets close with us were just waiting to chop chop. :p Great job on the grow mang and look foward to your next. ;)

Hook U should of Keep ur male and make seeds that u can always grow and besides U Won't have to pay for thos Blueberry seeds again !!
I am waitting on my son inlaw to bring me some Good seeds so I can do that and get away from the Mexican crap from Mexico..

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Whats up EH. The ladies are looking great and i bet you can't wait to give them the axe. :hubba: I know when it gets close with us were just waiting to chop chop. :p Great job on the grow mang and look foward to your next. ;)

Ya you said it!
I have been sharpening that axe for a month now :)

This has been a interesting grow, it was fun to try the 12/12 from seed method. Glad to know it works.

Im pritty sure the next grow is going to be under a 400w hps, and im going to LST the plants like crazy.....i love LST :)

Thanks for watching this grow, i always enjoy your guys comments...

Later,
EH

hmm, if it was 12/12 from seed, why did it take 3 months? thats almost as long as a full grow isn't it?

well, i think i know what your asking.

It was "basically" 12-12 from seed. If you read the first few pages of my GJ.
I let the sprout grow for just a little bit....then qucikly switched lighting to 12/12.
so i vegged for like 6 or so days, then flowered the girls.
I believe that why these plants may be a bit larger than a completely normal 12/12 from seed.

and when the plant was under 12/12, its not like it was budding right away...it took longer than normal to show signs of sex ( compared to a more mature plant, that was vegged right). so it finally did show its sex, then started budding...
AND im not using a 400w hps. a hps would of made this grow go a bit faster; ya know?

plus, normal grow take 3 months...and a 12/12 from seed should be close to 3 months anways. Because when using 12/12 from seed, the plant still needs to mature a bit, b4 it really starts budding.

Took your advice and came over for a peek. Glad I did. Love that soda can reflector. And I have teo fluoros standing vertically and it REALLY helps! Have fun smoking!

Latest posts

Back