Electric Bill in states

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masterblaster26

Reaction score
Im in the U.S and am considering starting a small 400w 2 plant grow. my concern is i have heard that high electric bills can cause the attention of some pigs. My place is always cold so i have about 4 1500w electric heaters goin at all the time. do you think adding more watts will raise suspiction. has anyone had any issues with electric bills and the fuzz in the past? thanks

masterblaster26 said:
Im in the U.S and am considering starting a small 400w 2 plant grow. my concern is i have heard that high electric bills can cause the attention of some pigs. My place is always cold so i have about 4 1500w electric heaters goin at all the time. do you think adding more watts will raise suspiction. has anyone had any issues with electric bills and the fuzz in the past? thanks

:holysheep: Hi, that 400 isn't going to raise an eyebrow...cops ever show up after turning your heaters on...no. You'll be fine, you can always lower one of your heaters to save $$, but you don't have to worry about the PoPo...:D
PS. Add 2 more plants :cool:

You could easily just regulate the useage of your heaters and mask the electricity your grow will use.

Dont even worry about it, prolly raise your bill 25-30 bucks with fans and stuff. As long as you pay your bill, electric company wont mind.

I agree with those above, if LEO hasnt stopped by to see why you are consuming 6ooo watts in those heaters, he aint coming for another 400w. each of those heaters is running almost 4x as much.

BTW, @7 cents per KWH, a 400w bulb only costs only 35 cents a day for 12 hours, 70 cents for 24 hours.

I have been running 1000HID and 1000HPS My monthly bill went up 60 bucks and I work for the electric company here and all we do when we get a hike in someones bill is send them a letter sating that there is a higher consumption in their bill and if this is correct...most of the time someone has added a Hot tub..likes to be 80 degrees in the home..and other variables..I would not sweat it just pay your bill...they don't care what you use it for as long as they get their money..

i always thought electric companies reported huge electrical bills? atleast im pretty sure thats the case in Canada where I live but even so 400w wouldnt be enough Id say

be a little energy efficient. switch off all wall switches before bed. turn a couple of heaters down by 1 notch, and there wont be much differnce if any.

ctrain18 said:
i always thought electric companies reported huge electrical bills? atleast im pretty sure thats the case in Canada where I live but even so 400w wouldnt be enough Id say

If you truely look, and pay attention...a very large portion of big op's that are busted are "stealing" electricity, not for useing and paying for it....

..ctrain... are you in a time warp?... cause your posts are all in reply to threads 1+ years old...;) :p

hahah I didnt realize.. I just searched up threads that interested me and those were the ones that came up.. ill try and keep up with the more current threads haha

ctrain18 said:
hahah I didnt realize.. I just searched up threads that interested me and those were the ones that came up.. ill try and keep up with the more current threads haha
;).. nothing "wrong" with it... just 'bustin' yer hump'...:D

alot of people have electric heat that comes on round this time of year, longer nights mean more lights on for more hours. there is a hemispherical increase in usage during the winter and your set up will go unnoticed.

me too....theres some great info back there..lol

Latest posts

Back