expert opinions please all growere please lol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BOSTON BAKED BEAN

I have lots to learn!!!!!
Reaction score
can you feed a tiny bit of mg(epsom salt like ever time you water or with this be bad, if plants love it so much can one make it part of their nute plan or are they found in good nutes please,, im trying to fin best way for me... thank you folks

If your plant are showing a mg defishency(?) you can start a 1/4teaspoon when you add nutes and build up.

as always thank you so much ozzy you have helped me so much so far thank you for you time.. ok cool from what i have seen and read yes they looked a litle poor on the mg they are in mg seed starter and they all are startin to look like that light gren yellobrownish folding up ever so slightly i make be looking to close but it wil not hur anything an i heard read mg soil lacks this fav snack of mj... and if my mj is happie willbehappie .....i know spelling is bad

you can buy one of several products out there and add it to your feeding line-up. There are several companies that make a cal-mag. I'm using GO's right now because it was FREE...but there are others. I use it with every other feeding to prevent cal-mag deficiencies.

I also know some that use epsom in their feed every other feeding using a tsp/gl.

Honestly, most all quality fertilizers have plenty enough Mg/Calcium in them to supplement your plant with all it needs to be happy. Most all Mg def comes from over-feeding, pH issues with the soil or grow medium, or lack of it in the fertilizer you are using.

The back label of the fertilizer you use should tell you if it has Mg in it or not. If it does, you are fine. Adding yet another additive won't give you the results you are hoping for(bigger buds). The ONLY thing that is going to get you bigger buds is healthy plants, and experience under your belt.

Epsom salts are not something you want to use every time you feed. You are asking for lockout of other nutrients if you get a buildup of Mg in your plants.
If you honestly want more Mg/Calcium/ in your grow then the easiest way, safest way, and the ORGANIC way is to add a Tbsp of Unsulphured Black Strap Molasses to your nutrient program.

Epsom salts is mainly used for a quick fix until the grower figures out the "real" problem. Which is normally one of the problems I stated,pH, Over feeding, ect.

If you want HUGE BUDS, here is the best way....you ready?

KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID

The K.I.S.S. method really will get you better buds in the end.Couple that with Experience, great genetics, and a great grow environment and you will achieve everything possible with your setup.

Magnesium deficiency is common in ALL mediums and Hydro. Marijuana is a Mag hungry plant, and alot of potting mixes do not supply enough in their mix, and is one of the reasons that so many add dolomitic lime to their soils, it contains high levels of Mg, as well as stabalizing pH. This is also why there are so many different products for it on the market. It is much easier to keep mg-cal in the soil then to allow your plant to become deficient in it, and then try to fix the problem.

Mg helps support healthy veins, and maintains leaf production and structure. It is required for chlorophyll production and enzyme breakdowns.

Mg deficiency occurs more frequently if using distilled, RO water, or tap water with a low ppm.

I do agree with Mr. Wake, that the epsom salt treatment should only be used as a quick fix. I was only saying that I know people that do that. I guess I should have worded it differntly, because I don't recommend it...salt build ups will only add to your problems. The epsom salt fix is better used as a foliar fix to IMO.

so does epsom salt cause more salt buildup than any other mg plant additives? i never thought so, i always used it with feeding in hydro

I honestly don't know Zem...I have only used it in a foliar application once. I guess if your flushing regularly there shouldn't be alot of "build-up". I looked in a couple books after reading your question, and they both said to be used as a temp. fix.

But like I said I know people that add it every other feeding, and don't seem to have problems.

ok so temp fix,,,,only ok i always follow theKISS method at work home everywere thanks for the answere i am going to store this weekend i neee more o a quick fix i know that the MGsoil i use was not the best but i have had only good things with seed starter except has low mg for this mg hungery monsters thanks all againg learning every day.. like free school... when this becomes legal in mass il have the jump an my own stash of the good (wickidkilla) stuff

BBB, one of our members Hmster Lewis uses that MG seed mix, and seems to love it. You can pick up a good cal-mag at any hydro store pretty cheap, but like Mr. Wake said unsulphered blackstrap molasses (I like bhreir rabbit) is a good source. Use it at a tsp/gallon. It can be found in most grocery stores or feed mills.

If my plants look a bit deficient I sprinkle a level tsp of slaked lime around the coco and water it in with a solution of 1 tsp MgSO4 to 1 gallon of water. This works well for me. I also do this for my tomatoes. Coco medium generally seems to need Ca + Mg supplementing. My tomatoes show it more than the MJ and I use the same medium for both.

the combined knowledge on this forum is amazin,,, i want to know everything all of you know

Latest posts

Back