Extra Frosty? Quick Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

akira

I was curious if anyone had ever heard of or tested a technique you use right before harvest to make the plants extra frosty white.

approx 2-3 days before harvest, i've read that your can leave them in complete darkness for those 2-3 days (before you chop and trim) and it will produce alot more resin during its last 24/48/72 hrs in the dark. I'm just wondering if this is a tried and tested technique that works? Has anyone on here tried this? and does it work or is it a bit far fetched?

Some people swear by it. I personally am indifferent to the technique. I have done it and believe it or not, I think I did notice a difference. However, I won't go out of my way to do it again. Give it a whirl and see how it works for you and your strain. :aok:

Could it be that it just has three extra days of life? I'll give it a try by putting one plant in the dark for three days before I harvest my entire SOG. That should be a fairly accurate test since my SOG are all clones from the same mother

That argument pops in the forums 2-3 times a month.. and SO FAR I HAVE seen scientific evidence that it DOES NOT work, and no evidence that it does.. so its your call..

My thoughts?
Its a distress response.
Someone will always swear about bending branches, skewering the plants... etc... etc...

Fact.. Plants dont grow without light.

If you are depriving the poor girl of light for 2/3 days, you are distressing her.

Some experiments show that these plants produce more resin as a defense when they are stressed.

You will never know until you do it personally. And even if it does produce good results a lot of people will still disegree. I think its one of things where every one has there own way of doing it and their mind is set. Some people swear it works and then some swear its bullshi_. I might try it some day just to see what happens but I am nervous about something going wrong.

i can see both sides of the arguement but i would really like to see someone try 2 clones off the same plant and get the thc level figured out.

this is one for the mythbusters!
maybe i should email them and see if they will do it, lol

Actual point is Until some1 actually documents for exampl 4 plants all started at same time with same nutes and lighting and then actually taking 2 for the dark period and then compare the results.. till then ill say it doesnt work.. Science has my vote.. for now..

thats a hell of a note,
I say send them an email and see what they have to say
can't hurt lol
Peace

Adam from Mythbusters comes off as a toker to me so I'm sure he would dig an experiment like that. Jamie and Discovery Channel is another story though.

Latest posts

Back