fan setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marihuanaträumt

Marijuana Dreams
Reaction score
Hello all. So my new lumatek 600 will be delivered today. I plan on using 1 to veg for a few weeks then upgrading to 2 600 lumatek. Ok so I bought a 6" air cooled hood also. Want to run 2 600 altogether.

So now I am looking for fans, I was hoping this may work. running an inline 8"
Vortex Fan. CFM = 750. I was hoping on runing the 8" and runing with an Y connector then using duck reducers from 8 to 6. and using a speed controler to fine tune for cooling needs

I was hoping that this may work.

Will the vortex be exhausting the room as well, or just cooling the lights? Will you be using carbon filters? If yes than you may want to run hoods inline rather than splitting or you will need 2 carbon filters.

maybe I should run the lights inline, go with a big fan that way I can use a carbon filter with it, maybe save a little money????

You do not need to have two carbon filters to run the lights in series. Run ducting from your lights to a 8 x 6 x 6 wye, connect the 8" end to your carbon filter, connect this to your fan, and exhaust outside. This is basically what I am planning on doing, only without the carbon filter. I never run a filter.

I got my lighting delivered today but xtrasun cooled hood is damaged. That sucks!!!

Latest posts

Back