Fan?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD466US

Reaction score
I am currentlly using a Dayton squirrel cage fan (136 cfm) to vent my grow closet (2'x5'x8') and it does a okay job when I am using a 400w HPS light but it is a awefully noisy. I was wondering if anybody is using the 6" 250 cfm inline duct fan that Home Depot and Lowes sells? I am wondering is it would be a little quieter and maybe draw better? If anybody has had any experience with them I would greatly appreciate any feedback they could offer.
Thanks,
JD

im curious too since i was planning on buying 1 this weekend, my new grow room is too close to the front door, so i dont want a noisy one..

My friend uses a 50 cfm fan from lowes...it's quiet. You guys do mean the bathroom fans right:)?

No, I am talking about the inline duct fans used in furnace and AC ducts to help push the air. I originally started with a 60 cfm 4" duct fan from Home Depot, and it was really quiet but I didn't think it was pulling enough for my room size with the 400w HPS light. My temps would run in the mid 80's at times and I would prefer to keep them 80 or below. I then went to the Dayton 136 cfm squirrel cage fan which isn't too bad just kind of loud.That is why I am wondering if the 6" 250 cfm inline duct fan from the depot is as quiet as the 4". Is anybody out there using one?

Thanks,
JD

vortex is pretty powerful and once properly secure isnt that loud for such a powerful van

Latest posts

Back