FED GOV...... bill to legalize

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roddy said:
Someone told me that you had to be smart and vote in a law that works....now who was that????
Vote away man :)
I vote. ;)
Doesn't mean it is not going to end up over regulated. dang double negative and can't seem to work the sentence out. Oh well you get my point :p
:48:

Mutt said:
Vote away man :)
I vote. ;)
Doesn't mean it is not going to end up over regulated. dang double negative and can't seem to work the sentence out. Oh well you get my point :p

Doesn't mean it will either, truly, it means not much of anything at this point. But it sure brought a doom and gloom outlook! :D

7greeneyes said:
LEGALIZE SMEGALIZE, I'll b doing what I always do...And as far as med card holders, lets open it up for the rest of us who aren't afraid to say, "I smoke because I like to get stoned when I want." Instead of copping out. Short of Wasting, Chronic Pains, glaucoma, epilepsy, there's no reason for ppl to drop the "medical necessity" card. You're not fooling anyone!

Peace and Buds,

7greeneyes :p

p.s. This is from someone who's severely handicapped w/ chronic pain from years of orthopedic surgeries, by the by....

I started smoking in the late 60s. I have no problem saying that I have always smoked because I enjoy it. However, after a lifetime of smoking, I find that I am in better health than most of my friends my age who do not smoke and I take NO prescription drugs other than blood pressure medication (a genetic thing) even though I have severe arthritis in my hands, chronic knee pain, and degenerating discs in my neck. So, although we may smoke for the enjoyment of the smoke, there ARE real benefits. Don't dismiss this.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I started smoking in the late 60s. I have no problem saying that I have always smoked because I enjoy it. However, after a lifetime of smoking, I find that I am in better health than most of my friends my age who do not smoke and I take NO prescription drugs other than blood pressure medication (a genetic thing) even though I have severe arthritis in my hands, chronic knee pain, and degenerating discs in my neck. So, although we may smoke for the enjoyment of the smoke, there ARE real benefits. Don't dismiss this.

Copping out....please!

Instead of ranting, you should be cheering us on, championing along with us!

THG says it well, I'll go further to say if you can find me a man-made drug that relieves the severe and chronic back pains I have without screwing up my stomach and mind, I'll be glad to stop pretending MMJ helps. ;)

Ya can't get a bunch of pot smokers to agree on legalized mj....... how you ever supose they gonna get a bunch of nonpot smokers to ever agree on how to legalize it.......

I've been smoking since early 80's........ I'll smoke it til I die....... and I'll tell ya....... I like growing my own....... and I'll never use it to make money...... just aint my thing.

"The legislation would limit the federal government's role in marijuana enforcement to cross-border or inter-state smuggling, and allow people to legally grow, use or sell marijuana in states where it is legal"

The part of this that has me questioning wether or not that would go through is the selling part, that i have a hard time swallowing that the government would allow an individual would be allowed to sell mj, with the govt getting their taxes from that sale there would have to be some "tax stamp" to allow this. However I would be very happy if they allow that to happen, then i could smoke it up and grow without needing to " hide "

It's being taxed now in some states, if I am understanding correctly, states are already collecting.

roddy i believe that is correct but that is from corporations i.e medical marijuana dispensaries not the individual that is what i was referring to.

No matter what, regulation, whatever...I don't care as long as we no longer have to be in fear of smoking or cultivating our own marijuana. I'm a legit California med patient, not wannabe and I'll admit right out, I enjoy it as well and it was only from recreational use did I find that it alleviates the medical issues I experience. So, I suppose you could say that I'm a recreation and medical user.

The large majority of complaints about regulation, etc. come from cultivars who make a living off of selling marijuana. Their easy money will no longer be there and that doesn't make them happy. The 'gold rush' is over anyways, dirt cheap dank weed to the dispensaries (mostly greenhouse from Norcal) saturates the market and drops the price waaaay down. The only people getting rich are the dispensaries charging 120+ a 1/4oz for 'questionable' weed.

If people can legally grow for themselves, indoor or outdoor, who cares about big pharma growing/controlling the commercial market. It's not like it's going to become so mainstream that you will find a variety at the local farmers market (god I wish!). At least you can grow and smoke your own without a fear (other than your power bill..lol).

SensiStarFan said:
republicans dont control the house buddy. They control the senate. And in case you missed it the bill is being introduced by a republican and a democrat

-SSF-
Actually, Republicans DO control the House of Representatives and Democrats control the Senate. There seem to be more and more Libertarian type Repubs around here in the last few years. I don't recall ever having met a Libertarian type Dem. But I'd like to.

Grower13 said:
Ya can't get a bunch of pot smokers to agree on legalized mj....... how you ever supose they gonna get a bunch of nonpot smokers to ever agree on how to legalize it.......

I've been smoking since early 80's........ I'll smoke it til I die....... and I'll tell ya....... I like growing my own....... and I'll never use it to make money...... just aint my thing.

My new favorite post of all time.

Nice work Grower 13

Quick post cause its a pain from my cel. Replying to the $120 questionable 1/4 from nor cal/dispensary. You're going to the wrong dispensary. I have never been disappointed with the products I have purchased here IN NORCAL. Disp I go to gives you pre weighed packages and a jewelers scope to see what you're interested in. AND I have never payed over a hundred for 1/4. Usually $80. And to answer the taxing comment, yes, its something crazy like 13 or 14 % to the buyer. Reason being I decided to have my hand at my first grow this season. Correction, one of the reasons. Haha

Maine has a card program and it makes it legal to posess 2 1/2 oz but that is about to change. You will no longer have to register but you still need a scrip from your doctor. The posession will go up to 10 ozs or 2 1/2 months supply and is waiting for the governors signature the last I heard. I don't really see things going backwards no matter what the feds decide to do.

Now on the PC. Since big news of mj here in CA, up to an ounce of possesion (without a mmj script) being an infraction equal to a jaywalking ticket of $120 fine, it's honestly comical. The feds aren't raiding peoples houses. The vote that went 'no' last election was exactly what's been stated already. EVERYONE I know that voted no, sells. Taking money out of their pockets if it passed. It was nothing to do about the belief of right and wrong. Here it's not rocket science to get a script. I could care less if you medically need it or not. But IF you live in an mmj state and are complaining, just stop now. If you live in a mmj state and are complaining about the bill, youre just looking at a loss of profit plain and simple cause you sell.
Big pharma? Really? Yeah, if things pass, I'm sure they'll get they're foot in the door, but that isn't stopping people growing for themselves. Do you really ever see Marlboro mj packs available at the gas station? Come on now. All the 'anti' people are either nuts, or seeing their profits at risk....

ston-loc said:
Now on the PC. Since big news of mj here in CA, up to an ounce of possesion (without a mmj script) being an infraction equal to a jaywalking ticket of $120 fine, it's honestly comical. The feds aren't raiding peoples houses. The vote that went 'no' last election was exactly what's been stated already. EVERYONE I know that voted no, sells. Taking money out of their pockets if it passed. It was nothing to do about the belief of right and wrong. Here it's not rocket science to get a script. I could care less if you medically need it or not. But IF you live in an mmj state and are complaining, just stop now. If you live in a mmj state and are complaining about the bill, youre just looking at a loss of profit plain and simple cause you sell.
Big pharma? Really? Yeah, if things pass, I'm sure they'll get they're foot in the door, but that isn't stopping people growing for themselves. Do you really ever see Marlboro mj packs available at the gas station? Come on now. All the 'anti' people are either nuts, or seeing their profits at risk....

Hmmmm, these complaints sound very very familiar to me....... :) In fact, I had these same complaints written out last night, but it brought on a firestorm the last time it was posted lol...

ston-loc said:

:yeahthat: Head of nail, meet hammer...

niteshft said:
Maine has a card program and it makes it legal to posess 2 1/2 oz but that is about to change. You will no longer have to register but you still need a scrip from your doctor. The posession will go up to 10 ozs or 2 1/2 months supply and is waiting for the governors signature the last I heard. I don't really see things going backwards no matter what the feds decide to do.

The Feds warned Maine not to do it and that they would bust the dispensaries and it was voted down... :(
But a step in the right direction...

I do believe anything that keeps " Legalizing MJ" on the front page is good for the cause.

The federal government has WAY too much power over citizens personal freedom.

"Land of the Free"

Latest posts

Back