fertilizers....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lindseyf

Reaction score
needing help once again.... i dont have $ for vege fertilizer.... what would happen if i used my super bloom fert at half strength instead? thank you in advance for you help and feedback

Totally different ingredients.

Why start a grow if you can't afford to give the plant what it needs? i don't understand.

im sorry im not as financially well off as id like to be but im doing this for my mental health so its out of necessity that i started growing. times just got difficult and i was only looking to save some $. thank you for your feedback rosebud

Cheapest route (if you're stateside that is...) would be Greenlight 20-20-20 (apparently Peter's is no more :( ) for veg. You can pick it up anywhere from lowes to home de pot to your corner garden center....it's only $6.29/each. Here's a home de pot link so you can check it out but that'd work for a cheaper all purpose veg/grow cycle nutrient....

(replace the 420 with tt's)
h420p://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-203120953/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyword=20-20-20&storeId=10051

:peace:,

7ge:)

p.s. I know you said you're low on money but that's the route I'd go...

lindseyf said:
im sorry im not as financially well off as id like to be but im doing this for my mental health so its out of necessity that i started growing. times just got difficult and i was only looking to save some $. thank you for your feedback rosebud

I wish you the greenest of mojo for your grow. I understand your position and I hope the very best for you.

You can absolutely use a Bloom nutrient if it is the complete nutrient and not the extra booster. For example there is Canna Vega for vegging and Canna Flores for flowering- the flores is boosted by a product in that company line called PK 13-14 which is simply a booster for phosphorous and potassium. In such a product line you could use the flores during veg.

They are exactly the same ingredients BUT the ratio is different which is the crucial bit. In veg there is a higher ratio of nitrogen and in flowering they drop nitrogen a bit and increase the rate of potassium especially but also phosphorous. Depending on the nutrient line you are using (every company has their own take on ratios and strengths) will determine how Nitrogen deficient your plants will be.

Here's something to think about though- it is a technique to actually run bloom nutrient NOT GROW as the first nutrient you put into a established seedling or cutting. This is because the P and K assist in the early root foundation where as in fact if you had a high N during germination or rooting of a cutting the N could inhibit root generation.

To some up, yes you can use the bloom (if it is complete and not just a PK boost) to grow but you will be running low on N (to what extent i don't know). I would suggest that if that's what you really must do then don't veg the plants long. Set the strength based on salt content (using EC or PPM or what ever you measure with) probably about the same as if it was a grow nute since doing more would raise N but risks burning with the other elements.

Try some OC+,

good from veg to flower. I have had a lot of good luck with it.

You can get the quart set of GH Flora series, Grow, bloom and micro, for $40 on amazon w/free shipping the last time I looked. That should be enough for several grows but it is not an organic fert.

(in my opinion)if you are using a good soil you might be ok with the nutrients that is in the soil for a few weeks.yes it would be better if you had the right nutes,but i have done without in the past for the first 4 weeks with no problems.some people think it is better not to give nutes for the first few weeks because the first (round)leaves have enough sugars to sustain life for the plants for a small period of time

i totally feel your dilema man..
this is what i would do if you wanna do it right...
been said before.. but i will say it again lol..
if you have just popped yer beans and all you have are sprouts you will be good for a couple wks..

this should give you time to put 5-10$ here and there away..
then i would grab a quart of gh3.. and use that.. i know my local hydro store sells it for 12$ a bottle.. so thats only 36$...
and that will last some time.. enough time for you to put away another 36$ or more to buy 1 gal jugs which will last you a yr+

the one thing that hasnt been mentioned is PH meter do you have one already??
using nutes with no ph meter is kinda pointless and can do more harm then good...
so maybe till you can afford nutes n a ph meter i would run an organic soil..
and water plain water..
this will allow you to have some meds n save up for the proper gear..

ive had to do this back in the day.. but i went out and picked up bottles from ditches n what not to aid me in a few purcheses when times were really tough..
it got me what i needed.. so cant complain plus i did a good deed n cleaned some shet up lol..

best of luck to you man..
LH

ps: you can find a cheap ph meeter for like 5-20$ shipped.. there known as the milwaukee 600 ph pens.. there yellow n black.. ive had my first one for 2-3 yrs now.. works like a charm..

Do not use bloom nutrients. They do not have enough N in them. I can understand being poor, but plants have certain needs and the correct fertilizer is one of those things. Cut back somewhere else and get some decent ferts formulated for mj vegging--your plants will thank you.

i read an interesting article in mother earth news(i dont think i would try it personally)go to mother earth news,scroll down to organtic gardening click on it,then scroll down to garden know how and find home made liquid fertilizers,read the article,at least you have another option

Cheap MG will help. I don't use it but its cheap. I think its their tomato line.

Latest posts

Back