fingers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imager777

Reaction score
Just a quick question... do the number of fingers on a plant have anything to do with it's overall health, or anything else in particular? I've had plants with three fingers going all the way up to the top and some with seven or more. Most end up with five to seven. Of course, I'm sure some of it has to do with strain. Sativas seem to have more, I've noticed, as well.

This has nothing to do with my grow. I just want to know for personal knowlege.

The plants leaves will get more and more fingers on the leaves as it matures through its lifespan. They start off at 3 and go on. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

What I mean is, I've had plants finish -- amber trichomes, pistols change color, etc. with three leaf sets. It's not the usual, but I've had it happen. Likewise, I've had plants finish with more than seven leaf sets. They just usually finish with five to seven fingers. But yeah, as they mature, they tend to get more fingers on there, usually up to seven or so. That's not what I'm asking though.

I've never seen plants harvested with 3 finger leaf sets but I'm sure it can happen. It goes a lot on how long you veg and the genetics plays a part too. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

Latest posts

Back