First ever grow...(again)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looking good man!
you should get so nice plants with those seeds and a dwc system,
have you picked up a ph an ec/ppm meter yet?

Hi stonedrone, looking good so far :D
you will be amazed at what that little Dwc can produce

Good luck

Oldie

Well I have all of my stuff set up, will post pics tomorrow. My plants are at eight days and they really haven't grown at all. Actually one of them got smaller it's like it just turned away from the light and hasn't done anything in about three days. I'll be sure to include it in my pics.

Okay here are the pics.
1.Fan
2.ducting
3.light
4.dwc
5.little TSS
6.TSS
7.SB
8.nutes
9.temp/humidity
10+11.TDS

fan.JPG

ducting.JPG

light.JPG

dwc.JPG

backleft.JPG

frntlft.JPG

SB.JPG

nutes.JPG

thermhygro.JPG

tds.JPG

tds1.JPG

I have yet to hook up the carbon scrubber, don't really need it yet, plus I'm not sure where I'm going to put it since one end is closed. I had planned on light>filter>fan but I can't do that. I know it's better to suck air through it but that might not be an option.

As you can see the two bigger plants got a little hot. I got the old light a little close but only for an hour or so.

ph meter is in the mail, taking a bit longer than I thought. Should have it by the end of the week at the latest. I definitely should have waited to start the seeds until I had one, hopefully I don't hurt those babies too bad in the meantime. If all else fails I still have four more seeds (1fem SB and 3TSS) that hopefully I can save for a future breeding project I want to try.

good to see you got most of your stuff!
good setup,
you cover the rock w cubes up with your clay pellets,
to stop the algae growing on the cubes,
also are you using nutes in your water yet?
looks like there getting abit of a hard time,
do you know your water temp?

nice grow so far!!!!! Just a little idea for your next grow though......you should try using some of that flat white plastic paint and paint the top of your rez. I find that is works better and not have to worry about hot temps from below the plants. just my opinion.keep up the good work.

Criz

swiftgt said:
good to see you got most of your stuff!
good setup,
you cover the rock w cubes up with your clay pellets,
to stop the algae growing on the cubes,
also are you using nutes in your water yet?
looks like there getting abit of a hard time,
do you know your water temp?

Yeah you can see in the pics that there's room for more hydroton I'm just waiting on the plants to grow a little.

No nutes, the first light I had was awkward and I had to lean it on something to get the light to shine down on my plants. Well it slipped and thankfully I had a little safeguard in place so instead of crushing my babies it just cooked them a bit.

Water temp is 22c I think that's about 70F but I'm not sure. The good news is they seem to be turning a richer shade of green and although it's hard to see in the pics there is some new growth.

crizzo357 said:
nice grow so far!!!!! Just a little idea for your next grow though......you should try using some of that flat white plastic paint and paint the top of your rez. I find that is works better and not have to worry about hot temps from below the plants. just my opinion.keep up the good work.

Criz

Yeah I was going to paint the whole rez but I read somewhere that you want to let it stand for three days after painting (for a reason that was lost in a bong rip) and I had already started my beans in the rockwool by the time I realized that light blue isn't exactly opaque.
Imagine that :bong:

Hello all, sorry I haven't been uptading my journal, I've been quite busy lately. I'm having some problems with my plants I don't know what the deal is. My lights on temps never go above 84F, I've been cleaning out my res at least every two weeks, my water temps are consistant at 22c, and my ph has been stable between 5.6 and 6.0 (usually 5.7-5.9). I have not used any nutes either.

So, my problem is that my plants are just not growing at all. The only noticeable growth is that the roots are getting bigger. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong here. Somebody help please.

1-SB 2-TSS 3-Roots 4-Res temp 5-TDS 6-PH 7-Min/Max room temp + rh

SB.JPG

TSS.JPG

Roots.JPG

Temp.JPG

TDS.JPG

PH.JPG

Min-maxtemp+rh.JPG

Was just thinking the same thing as was reading post above the last lol.
Yeah i'd be thinking nutes too BUT i a cloner, zero experience wiv seeds an i know you gota be carefull wiv em at first.

I'd be searching the net and waiting for a few more opinions :)

Hi stonedrone
rockwool and clay pellets contain no nutrients mate
your starving them, my hydro plants get nutes from day 1
start them off easy with a 1/4 strength mix

some examples:
if I use general hydroponics flora series its
5ml grow 5ml micro and 5ml bloom to every 10 litres of water

with canna vega its
10ml part A and 10ml part B to every 10 litres

then slowly build up from that.
hope this helps mate

Latest posts