First ever grow...(again)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stonedrone

Talks real slow
Reaction score
Well since my last grow got interrupted I'm still calling this my first. Here is what I've got so far:

3 feminised strawberry blue

5 G-13 thai super skunk

100_1297.JPG

I bought this dwc last week and it is currently in the mail. Measures 20"x13"x1', 10 gallon res.

10gallon4plant2[1].jpg

This grow tent is going to be my next purchase, size 2'x4'x5'. Disregard the led light it's just part of the picture.

23ten002-482460-g[1].jpg

23ten-a[1].jpg

Now I'm looking into some HID lighting and I'm thinking about a 400w hps air cooled tube with mh conversion bulb. The only thing is that I'm quite tempted by the 600 and 1000w setups but is that a little overkill for such a small area? Will I just be creating more of a headache with heat and electricity issues? This grow is still two to four weeks from actually starting and I'm at least ten days away from buying the light so I am definitely open to suggestions.

Well... for that space a 400 should be sufice..
go with an hps and a mh the plants will love the spectrums.
i was going to buy that exact tent but it seems a tad small
later bro

I am going to germ two of each strain and will be using advanced nutes (grow, micro, bloom, and big bud powder).

yeah if your germing only 4 seeds though
you should be alright. the chances are that you would
get one or two females out of that, and that box would
be really great for just like two full grown plants.
but any more than that you try and cram in there therell be
problems. if only it was 4x4x6 say
but also i top my plants and get them as bushy as i can usually,
which takes up more space.
just figure whats good for you bro

TDOC

Well the 4x4 is only about $20-30 more expensive maybe I'll just get that.
What do you think of this light?

64fa_1_sbl[1].jpg

for a 4x4 space that 400w is not going to be sufficient. You'll at least need a 600w for 16sq/ft.

But that ballast is just fine, I have the same one minus the cool tube and I've never had an issue with it. But I run it in an 8sq/ft area and wouldn't put it in anything larger than 9sq/ft.

looks great.
but cant say if it actually is because ive got no experience with it.
although it is a conversion with a cool tube so it seems dope
you wont have to deal with the whack temps of HIDs..
but ask some more experienced people what theyre opinions are
gather some info on it yknow. looks nice tho

Here's some bagseed I've got started outside will transplant as soon as they are big enough. Gave 'em a little pinch today that's why they're a little limp.

100_1300.JPG

100_1301.JPG

100_1302.JPG

strawberry blue sounds very tasty. never heard of those seed companies but i hope you get some bomb buds :hubba:

i wouldnt wait too long to transplant those.
theyre all in the same pot, if the roots all get tangled
up and interlock youll have a real rough time getting the
plants out without root damage. jmo

I'm going to transplant those as soon as the weather clears up a bit.

hay stonedrone a 400w hps should be fine in that size tent, but if you can afford to go for a bigger tent, do!
its not much extra to go up a size and deff cheaper then buying another one!
just make sure it will fit where you plan to put it!
but like lama said you'll need a bigger 600w hps light,
but its totaly worth it if you want decent weed,
and when you harvest your crop you'll get all your money back if you deside to sell!

I've been looking at a 16 sq. ft. tent and a 600w light but I'm only growing a few plants for personal use and I want to save some electricity where possible. I'm not going to sell but I'll save myself quite a bit not having to buy.

thats right, you will save a sh*t load, so invest it in electricity and big lights!
how much is a kw/hour where you live?

About .123 per Kw/hr until summer starts and it goes up a bit. I'm pretty sure I want the 600w light and the 4'x4' tent. The biggest problem is my girl is having a little bit of sticker shock and, well lets face it she pretty much calls the shots. So the only decision I have now is if I'm willing to sleep on the couch for a while.

ya... your telling me stone. I just got my beans in last night which slipped my mind to tell her about em' :hitchair: lets just say I wish I would have been sleeping on the couch last night. :angrywife::hairpull::bolt:

Latest posts

Back