First Grow - CaliforniaOrangeBud <> BigBud <> RedShiva

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, this grow was definately a learning experience on a lot of levels... I'm actually glad, and was kind of hoping that things would go wrong in order to gain knowledge, run into challenges, and gain experience.

The big, Big Bud, is a hermie :eek: :fid::doh:.... No comment, let's leave it at that.
Besides checking for general health, etc. during flowering I will need to be much more diligent for checking for hermaphrodites as well. Lesson learned, the hard way.

Oh well, at least i have created a new strain, lol. Maybe it will be the new wave of the future :p. I'll try growing it on my 3rd journal in 2 months, so be on the lookout for California Orange Bud x Big Bud.

Everything is getting chopped this weekend to end one chapter and begin the next. Regardless of the very few seeds the California Orange Bud curing is going well and the plants amazing, so I'm not dissapointed.

Until next time, be well everyone.

Howdy everyone,

Here's the final update...
Everything chopped today 3 California Orange Buds, 3 Red Shivas. The 2 Big Bud that were female both went hermie, maybe I got a bad batch of seeds. Oh well, whatever.

3 California Orange Buds (these really filled in during the past week, noticably, compared to the one I chopped last week. They are soooo stank and sticky, and have a little orange/lime kinda scent :)):
106.jpg 107.jpg 108.jpg

3 Red Shiva (these are airy and light. Smells great):
109.jpg

End of chapter 1.

I'm now gonna clean out the area to make room for the new tennants Blue Mystic and Bubblelicious, plus the California Orange Bud clone. The sexing is looking favorable too, so far.

Peep my other grow journal for chapter 2, update tomorrow.

I want to thank everyone for their help, suggestions and support, which without, could have led to failure. Knowledge is priceless, and the gift of it I've received here at MP and it's wonderful members is going to be cherished and held with pride and confidence as I move forward to the next grow to which I intend and assure will out do the one previous.
Thank you:clap: :aok:, you rock!

Hi lorenzo, thanks for the feedback.

No I didn't, though I was tempted ;).

The 1 California Orange Bud I chopped last week is just about ready for jars and burping, and weighs about 8 grams... These other 3 are a little bigger and quit noticably more dense due to the extra week in flower, so I'd like to guess around 12-15 grams each, one plant was just a monster, I have a clone of it :) which I topped and now has 4-6 main cola sites, so I'm hoping I can pull an oz. off it in eight weeks.

I'm prunning the 3 Red Shivas now, they smell great (have my fingers under my nose right now :)). They are very airy, so I'd assume all 3 will probably weigh around 20 grams dry.

In a week or so, I'll update with the weight in.

Be well.

What the heck, for you lorenzo :)
65.1 grams, wet, on the Red Shiva.

110.jpg 111.jpg

Okay final update on this journal, the weights.

4 California Orange Bud - 37 grams
124.jpg

3 Red Shiva - 26 grams
125.jpg

Well, on average, it's approximately just under 10 dry grams per plant... Ehh, not the worst ;). You could say the money spent on equipment and materials payed for itself.

The California Orange Bud is great, looks and smells like dank, and is a great high. A little uppy and happy, but body too. Has slight citrusie taste too, heh.

Red Shiva pretty similar, little weaker, nice taste. The buds have almost no odor at all. They are very airy, but it was my growing that caused it I'm sure. The colas were pretty dense, so I know the potential of the plant is there. Maybe I should have let it have another week or two. Oh well, needed the space for the current round.

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied, and it's very gratifying (as I'm sure you all know :)) to enjoy the fruits of your labor and enjoy all the hard work you put in on so many levels.

I, once again, want to that everyone here at MP for all the input, feedback, and advice, as well as all the tutorials and stickies that you wonderful people took the time to make in order to help out your fellow man/woman. I sincerely appreciate :).

And so do my 2 new friends 126.jpg

Be well and take care to you and yours everyone.

Latest posts

Back