First grow dwc sweettooth..she ok?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tetrahydro grower

Reaction score
I have started the sweet tooth out in a rockwool cube, and I just poked an inch hole and dropped the seed in, and that was 3 days ago, and it sprouted last nite, and now its almost an inch tall..I am going to put it in the netpot (5 inch wide) when I see the roots poking out of the rockwool cube, and I am going to put the sweet tooth and the blue mystic in a 18 gallon tub system, and they are starting out with a CFL, but I haven't started germinating the blue mystic yet, and I am going to veg them with like 5 or 6 T5's, and flower them using a 400 watt HPS lamp. I am going to post a pic of the list of what I got, a picture of it, and the sweet tooth starting. Any tips will help, thanks.

View attachment seedling.jpg

View attachment list.jpg

View attachment dro.jpg

I just did my second hydro run ever and it ended prematurely due to my air pump dying on me and I didn't catch it till the roots were to far gone. I suck at hydro. GREEN mojo bro....I will pull up a seat. I am 0 for 2 on hydro but I will try try again.

2nd seat Taken...mojo for the grow..

take care and be safe

get one big airpump or maybe two medium airpumps (backup incase one fails) I would use two of the longer airstones for a tank that size..

I was thinkin about using 3, because i have 2 now, and one isnt that good, but one is great, and my friend has a airpump that has 2 nozzles on it, so i can have 4 air stones in there..i always heard the more oxygen the better for plants roots, but im not sure..is that true?

tetrahydro grower said:
I am going to put the sweet tooth and the blue mystic in a 18 gallon tub system,
The tub in that picture is 18 gallons? If you are using an 18 gallon tank I would definitely get one of the larger air pumps with at least 4 outlets conneted to 4 10" airstones. But that is just my opinion, I am not a DWC grower anymore. And yes, the more oxygen the better.

Good luck!

I was also wondering, this isnt really related to DWC or this grow, but am going to grow some plants outside, and i was wondering if its best to start them indoors, and transplant outdoors, or just plant the seed outdoors, and if so, what is the best time, april?

I wld start a thread in the outdoor section....as spring approaches it will get busier in there.

Here a cuple pics of her, im just going to to the sweet tooth first, because its my first hydro grow ever, and im growing this mainly for experience, but to get some good bud too. Its day 24 from the day i started germinating it..the leaves on the sides are starting to curlp up..im not sure why, any info or tips...i have one computer fan on it, and one cfl..but i am going to add 2 more tomorrow.

day24 from seed.jpg

day24 from seed2.jpg

day24.jpg

This is my 2nd grow, and i was just wondering if she looking ok, its day 25...im about to put 2 100 watt cfls on her in like 2 or 3 days. this is my first dwc grow, and im just really trying to learn from experience..and it is bagseed.

I see......

Light is your friend, put the right lighting on her and she'll definitely reward you (unless she hermies as bagseed tends to do).

yea..do you thing 2 100 watt cfl's will be ok until flowering? i have a fan on her an its makin that stem get thick

tetrahydro grower said:
yea..do you thing 2 100 watt cfl's will be ok until flowering? i have a fan on her an its makin that stem get thick

True 100 watts cfl's?

tetrahydro grower said:
daylight 100 watt cfls..yea
if you bought these at a department store, chances are they're 100 watt replacement bulbs, which only have 26 actual watts... Same thing I run, (two lights per plant) puts out 3,600 lumens; assuming your plant is less than a sq. ft. I'd say two would be enough... I get good results!

Latest posts

Back