first grow,i have questions about growing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asparagas

Reaction score
hello
it is my first grow.

1)when should i water the plants ?should i water at nights and when lights are off?
or should i water in the daytime when lights are on ?

2)i will use 600 hps dual spectrum with cooltube in homebox L.i will use vortex model fan 450 m3 .

how long distance should there be between plants and the light when vegging and planting ??

3)how many circulation fan should i use ? and should these fans blow directly on the plants ?

4)which size of pot should i use while growing from seed ?

5)how many times should i do to transplant ?which size of pots should i use ?(for example,for first i need to use a pot that has 8 cm diameter, and later i should use 15 cm pot....etc. )

6) when should i do to transplant ? first week or after 2 week.. etc ?

It's beyond me to replicate all the information that's been patiently collected here and is available in the stickies! Please take a look first and then if you have anything you can't figure out, let us know.

It's late and i'm bored so i'll answer, but you really should read through as much as possible before posting questions. There is a lot of beneficial information here you need to read before you're first grow.

1)when should i water the plants ?should i water at nights and when lights are off?

I water in the morning when the lights first come on. From what i've read this is the most beneficial to the plant.

2)i will use 600 hps dual spectrum with cooltube in homebox L.i will use vortex model fan 450 m3 .

how long distance should there be between plants and the light when vegging and planting ??

Mount your light on yo yo's or something that allows them to be raised and lowered easily. Then hold your hand above your plant palm down and lower the light until it is too hot for your hand, raise light a little and you should be good. You should be able to hold your hand between the light and plant and not get burned.

3)how many circulation fan should i use ? and should these fans blow directly on the plants ?

How big is your grow room, what are the dimensions? I only have one circulation fan. I also have a vent for exhaust and an intake for fresh air. You do want at least a slight breeze directly on the plants, this will help to strengthen the stalk.

Lot of factors here. I like to start in a 4" in pot and then transfer to a 3 or 5 gallon depending on how big the plant will be. It is easier for me to water and maintain seedlings in small pots than starting straight in large pots but some people do start right in the final planter.

5)how many times should i do to transplant ?which size of pots should i use ?(for example,for first i need to use a pot that has 8 cm diameter, and later i should use 15 cm pot....etc. )

You want to transplant no more than once. It does cause stress and can stunt growth.

6) when should i do to transplant ? first week or after 2 week.. etc ?

I transplant based on size rather than time. Once i have a few sets of leaves and i know i have an established root system is when i transplant.

Good luck and welcome to the site.

Go to the beginning of the INDOOR GROWING SECTION and read through the grow guides, all of your answers are there. Ill give you some quick answers, That i personally agree with... Most of which is comming out of jorge cervantes grow bible.

asparagas said:
hello
it is my first grow.

You can water them too much and not enough. before the lights come on is good, but dont over water them. check and make sure the soil is dry before doing so. dig your finger about an inch down from the top. if its still damp, wait until its dry.

That fan is fine, maybe a little too strong but it wont hurt.

600 watt requires a distance of 3 feet from the canopy to achieve 10,000 lumens (which is the most desireable)

Having and oscillating fan (atleast 1) is a good idea. I personally only use the vortex fan but wind on the plants can help build strength. as long as your getting good air circulation in the room in general your good to go.

I start with a red plastic cup and transplant after about 3 weeks to a month. im talking about the larger plastic cups. moving up to a 3 gallon would be nice depending on how long you plan on veging them. If you plan on vegging for a while, i'd personally move straight to the 5 gallon.

:yeahthat:

6) when should i do to transplant ? first week or after 2 week.. etc
again, i wait for a month. some people may dissagree and say thats too long but it works fine for me. ?

Good luck dude! let us know how they turn out. And make sure you check out that section. Heres a link...

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forumWOW/Full-Marijuana-Growing-Guide.html

Looking at your plants or watering them with the lights off is a BAD habit. When they are flowering, it will ruin the buds. Only water or look when the lights are on. The secret to your first grow, LEAVE THEM ALONE. Let the plants do most of the work.

i agree with umbra,people have a tendency to over love their plants.they actually need very little,just in the right amounts.

IMO i dont think it matters when you water as long as the soil has dried up a little and its not as the lights are going out. Before the lights go on, as the lights are on, it dont matter (to me atleast)

But if you were to water right when the lights go off i agree with umbra, thats a mistake. it can lead to mold, disease, etc...

men i am very happy to hear that.thank you very very much.i will read all forum now.

but please i would like to know the answer of that question:

How big is your grow room, what are the dimensions? I only have one circulation fan. I also have a vent for exhaust and an intake for fresh air. You do want at least a slight breeze directly on the plants, this will help to strengthen the stalk.

i will use homebox L. 1 metre x 1 metre x 2 metre .

Lot of factors here. I like to start in a 4" in pot and then transfer to a 3 or 5 gallon depending on how big the plant will be. It is easier for me to water and maintain seedlings in small pots than starting straight in large pots but some people do start right in the final planter.

i will buy my pots soon.so,i must ask you,diameter of pots are 10cm.but height of pots ? 10 cm ok for heights ?

thanks mates again and again.

i have a question,too

i want to know that if i can grow my clones and mother plants in same homebox L ?
or do i need another box for vegging the clones ?is there any method for growing clones and main plants in same box from vegging to harvest ?
ps: i will make soil
thanks

Latest posts

Back