First Grow!!! need alot of advice!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilbudd

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm really new to growing, so i'm going to need alot of help these next few months. Alright, so heres the setup ... I have two plants (no idea what gender) which i got the seeds from my friend. they both have sprouted and are about an 1inch and a half tall. The stems are kind of skinny and the one is sorta red. other than that they are beautiful gals. The soil i used is miracle grow potting soil. its the onli stuff i had. Also there are a couple bigggg trees around the grow area, shading it alittle during the day. but for the most part its direct sunlight.

If im doing nething stupid or if there is something wrong with this setup, please tell me. Im a huge noob at this:confused:

Ill get pictures on in about a week.

Everything seems to be in order.Once the big trees aren't totally blocking out direct sunlight during the light periods than you'll be ok ;) watch out for pests and such..I assume they're in a pot

lilbudd said:
Hey guys, I'm really new to growing, so i'm going to need alot of help these next few months. Alright, so heres the setup ... I have two plants (no idea what gender) which i got the seeds from my friend. they both have sprouted and are about an 1inch and a half tall. The stems are kind of skinny and the one is sorta red. other than that they are beautiful gals. The soil i used is miracle grow potting soil. its the onli stuff i had. Also there are a couple bigggg trees around the grow area, shading it alittle during the day. but for the most part its direct sunlight.

If im doing nething stupid or if there is something wrong with this setup, please tell me. Im a huge noob at this:confused:

Ill get pictures on in about a week.

sounds good to me you wont be tellin the gender for a while lol and the reason for the red stem might be that the plant got cold is it redish purple if so it was probly caused my the cold
but yeah they will be fine no worry and yeah as long as it gets a good amount of direct sunlight they will be fine i dont think they really like it to much to be out in the blazin sun all day they like a little shade every now and again :cool: the poting soil is fine and nothing seems wrong with the set up man peace out and cant wait to see some pics peace

Alright thanks guys... and i don't have my plants in a pot there just directly in the ground.. is that a problem?

Here's my pics... theres a pic of the huge trees blockin my gals... does everything look okay? If i'm doing anything wrong, please correct me.
Also sorry that the plants are out of focus. that was my bad picture skills haha.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

no way man its better to have them in the ground at the first no transplants less stress= better for the plant and the sprouts look good man

oh yeah and as long as it gets a good amount of direct sunlight it will be fine

Thanks Kindbud... how often u guys think i should water them?

every 3 days is my rule but general rule of thumb is stick your index finger down in the soil 2 inchs if the soil is still moist dont water if its dry water them

yeah i use that rule too, and lilbudd, if they get at least 6 hours of direct sunlight a day it will be fine (and in summer im sure theyll get that).

have you got them covered, or are they just open? i use bottles to protect them while theyre young, it also retains moisture while they develope good roots.

just my thoughts 85CANNABLISS

thanks man I'm gonna cover them once i finish drinking my two litter coke haha

alright guys a bit of a problem... my plants are really skinny. the stem BARELY holds them up. when i water them they fall down. there onli a week old so is this just because they arent big enough or is it something I'm doing. I'll have pictures on by tomorrow!

everything looks good so far...at first your plant stem will be long and skinny and it will only have 2 leaves and then 2 more and the stem gets sticker etc.. they're fine..

On the watering, the reason they're bending when you water then is casue you're pouring water directly onto the plant, try to water around the plant at the base so no water hits the actual plant. If you water on the plant you risk breaking it (until it gets bigger) and sunspots if you water during the day which would make them look worse but sun spots will not effect your growth at all.

good luck and everything looks good bro.

(edit) also when they're young, watch the weather, if you're going to cut the bottom of a 2 liter and put that over them, that's fine or you can use a skinny stick, piece of wood, a pen, anything firm, not bendable and just stick it int he ground next to the plant and angle it so the plant is touching it so that the wind wont blow it. be careful with storms when they're younger they can break easy >.< so 2 liter or stick whatever you want to do lol.

alright guys, these are my plants 9 days after being planted. Is there nething wrong with them? The one is alittle more developed than the other. Also, any ideas about some names for my plants? I was thinking Harold and Kumar haha. Alright heres my plants, if im doing something wrong just hollar at me.

DSCN1299.JPG

DSCN1305.JPG

DSCN1301.JPG

DSCN1300.JPG

lookin good so far man nah man nothing is wrong with them their start to grow alot faster pretty soon man the only thing that i can see thats wrong with them is that they are a little streched but they will be fine!!

yeah they do seem a bit stretchy, put sum soil up the stemm a bit, that will keep it up untill it strengthens up.

yeah i cant talk tho mine are a little stretchy too lol thats one thing outdoors dose is make your plants a little stretchy

alright so how long u guys think the stem should be for my plants above?

Latest posts

Back