First Grow! Need help with pretty ladies. bomby

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just set up my timer and have 2 clones, purple mendo kush and white widow, on 12/12. They are healthy 2 - 2 1/2 ft tall. I want some pointers on nutrients and the whole flowering process, hopefully producing dense potent buds. They are under a 400hps with the temp around 78 around the buckets. 78-84(hi) above the buckets. Its been either hot or cold out lately so its been harder in an attic. The dark time hours are 1030pm to 1030am. I gave them 10-15-10 during vegg. Im Growing with co2, Foxfarm Soil, 5 gall buckets. 2 fans. A water moister meter. The ph has stayed around 7.0.
what should I do?
what can I do to get dense buds?
what flowering nutrients?
what about training?
That third plant is a purple grapefruit goo seedling and its in a separate closet vegging with all the florescence now. Its topped, how big till I flower it? I dont want a tree, I want a bush.

someone help me out on loading pictures please, I had a bunch but didnt upload it the "right way" i guess.

12-01-07_1406.jpg

What type of flouros do you have over your seedling? How many lumens? In my experience, topped plants don't tend to grow quite as tall. I had some plants that I put into flowering at 5" tall, and they got to be 6' tall. Don't ask me how that happened. But they weren't topped. The more light the better. Mine are under a 600w HPS. Should've got a 1000w. Also, the less dense the soil, the better. That way you can water them more often with a nutrient rich water solulable fertalizer. But make sure you flush the soil with distilled water every now and then so they don't get overloaded with nutrients. How big do you want your seedling to get when it is full grown? I believe that when you put them into flowering, they double in size, at least. What do you mean by training? You can use wires or floral tape to pull the branches out so they get more light and grow better. It also doesn't hurt to trim a few of the larger fan leaves here and there. That way the nutrients go to where they are really needed. But don't go overboard. Nutrients high in nitrogen when in veg, and high in phosphorus when in flowering.

lkbkr102 said:
What type of flouros do you have over your seedling? How many lumens? .
Im not sure, there's 2 tube's 45 cool whites, and about 10 hanging 23 watt bulbs for vegg, I grew the 2 clones fine under these and the goo is looking fine. Im not trying to get huge plants, I want little thick bushy plants not tall ones. 1000 watt ? Im having trouble keeping the temperature around 75, wouldn't this be much harder, the temp fluctuates a lot if its day or night. Thats my problem, an attic isnt insulated much. These dont have much room to grow up maybe another 2 ft. Training, trying branches down to let more light in to the bottom of the plant. Is this a good technique? What kind of nutes? Should I put all the flouros back up on the 12/12?

You can get 125w CFLs for your vegg cycle. They cost a little bit of money, about $100 each, but they throw out a lot of light. (An you'd be using less electricity.) I have 2 of them. If you're growing in the attic, is there a way for you to vent some heat? With the higher watt HPS setups, you can get a fan that will hook up to the side of your HPS reflector and it can direct your heat elsewhere.

Your plants are looking pretty good. It doesn't really look like you need any pointers. Everyone has different ways of growing and different ways that work best for them. What might be ideal for me may not be best for you.

yeaaaa im using foxfarm, big blume, then will switch to cha ching. I have a mold problem with the left plant(white widow). It has white mold on the leaves, has it transferd to the mendo? Its grown right next to each other the whole time, and the ww had mold since she was a tiny little clone, I thought it was just some build up from nutes, but It keeps showing up after I wipe it off. WHAT CAN I SPRAY WITH? has it transfered to the other plant, with no signs? I haven't seen any white mold on her ever.

lkbkr102 said:
You can get 125w CFLs for your vegg cycle. They cost a little bit of money, about $100 each, but they throw out a lot of light. (An you'd be using less electricity.) I have 2 of them. If you're growing in the attic, is there a way for you to vent some heat? With the higher watt HPS setups, you can get a fan that will hook up to the side of your HPS reflector and it can direct your heat elsewhere.
Its hard to tell, but I have a fan bringing fresh oxygen cold air in and then a fan right below my hps, blowing heat produced by the bulb away. It works ok, not anything like the hps in the tubes. I went to the hydro store and saw some of their cooled hps systems, awesome but expensive. My hood doenst have those connections. CFL $100 each? I spend a dollar on the 23's instead, and have a bunch. I dont pay electricity.

headband=macs805... I made a new one. I dont like my email right therr.

ask a mode to delete thes and start a new one

how/? MOD please delete thisssssss journal

Latest posts

Back