First Grow - Orange Rust Colors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillFromBio

Reaction score
Hi my plants are about 2 weeks old and a few of them are starting to have a few orange rust colored spots on them. I'm quite baffled by the situation because i haven't started feeding them yet, the lights i'm pretty sure arent' too close. I'm using 6 x 75 watt fluoros that are about 6 inches away. The spots don't seems to really affect the plant (total leaf take over) but i don't know if i should worry about it or let it go? As you can see its only 2 of the leaves which were the 3rd and 4th leaves that this plant produced. Also in this younger picture of the plant you can see the spots starting.

Day 9 - Closeup.jpg

What type of soil are you using? How often do you water? Whats the ph of your feeding water?

bombbudpuffa said:
What type of soil are you using? How often do you water? Whats the ph of your feeding water?
I'm not sure on the type of soil. It was something average that i picked up at wal-mart. It said that it had sufficient nutrients to feed your plants for about 3 weeks or so. I water approximately every 2-3 days. I wouldn't consider my watering heavy though. My pots have drain holes but I'm always scared of over-watering so i don't water them to the point of having the water drain from the holes. Also I'm not sure on the Ph of the water. It shouldn't be too far off though I've only been watering with water up until today, haven't added any nutrients or anything. Thank you in advance for any help though!
This is a more recent pick you can kind of see the spots on the bottom leaf there if you look closely. It only seems to be this 1 plant. When they first started out i had a weak one that had a little trouble sprouting, I'm not sure if this is the same plant or not.

Picture 002.jpg

I wouldn't worry about it unless the spots start getting larger or anything like that. I think it looks great. Nice and healthy. I would water it until water starts to seep out of the bottom to ensure that the water saturates the entire pot and all the dirt. I would probably be thinking about transplanting it into a larger container in the next 5-7 days. Just my thoughts. Keep us posted. Great job on it so far. Take care and be safe.

Latest posts

Back