First grow, swapping to coco, need help with nutes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't let them sit in water for too long. I have not grown this way but I know that coco will wick up water to a degree, but I think that would make it too soggy. I would water them slowly until water starts to run out the bottom. Let them sit for no more than an hour then dispose of, or collect the excess water. You be able to get a moisture meter to stick down into the coco to determine the best watering cycle. With that kind of setup, I would think you would water very similar to soil.

I think Puffin may be correct about the one plant that is floundering. Having pulled them out of the initial soil and washing the roots had to be a shock to them. Don't get discouraged though, there is quite a learning curve whenever making changes to new setup. If you stick with the coco you will learn all the tricks to working with it, and then it will get easier to use. :)

OK, THANKS :D

I mixed up a 15L batch of water/nute solution last night and corrected the PH. Still got most of it left.
I stored it in a plastic tub, and covered it with a towel to shield it from the light.
Will it keep like that? Or should I add an airstone or pump to keep the water moving?

I would definitely add an air stone to keep it aerated. If you were going to use it the very next day it probably wouldn't hurt to not aerate it, but I think it helps the plants to have lots of oxygen in the water before giving it to the plants :)

Latest posts

Back