First Grow! what do you think?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pepe_Le_Dank

Reaction score
This is my first grow. after seeing all the great growers on here i wanted to show everyone my setup.

Lights: T-5's
Soil: Light warrior
Temp: 72-80
Humidity: 35%-60%
Circulaton: 6" fan (Upgrade coming on payday) :D
There on a 18-6 light cycle. Thinking of going 12/12 next week after i take a few clone from my big skunk plant (big bud x skunk 1).

Any other questions, feel free to ask.
hxxp://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=143489&stc=1&d=1260906741

mybabys.jpg

They look nice from here, but the canopy isn't even. The light isn't equidistant from the tops of all the plants. When you put those into flowering, you might want to raise the shorter plants, so that they are the same distance from the lights as the taller one.

When you put those into flowering, you might want to raise the shorter plants, so that they are the same distance from the lights as the taller one.

this. But they look good so far man! Good luck :)

Thanks ive been trying to manage the canopy, but that plant is just outgrowing the rest. they were all grown from seed but that there only a few days apart. im guessing better genetics??

And is that tinfoil in there? I have heard not to use tinfoil because it can cause heat spots or something. Go with flat white paint or mylar.

Thanks for the heads up! I got a question, when i switch them to 12/12, how long will it take to know if its a male or female? :confused:

If they are sexually mature before swapping to 12/12 (alternating nodes) then they should show there sex within 10-14 days of going 12/12.

Warfish

best thing i can think of mate is if ur not sure about sex , post a few pics and someone one here will be able to tell you real quickly if its male of female!:) good luck with ur grow mate!

indies show sex faster than sativias. Had some haze that took 3 weeks. but just look for 2 little white hairs at nods for a female, or little sacks hanging for males. best of luck green mojo to ya.

BTW what strain are u growing?

Yeah they look good but I wld get some booster seats for the short ones now...I use cd cases often so I can adjust the height as they grow by just removing a cpl cases at a time...if they don't hve alternating nodes then flipping them will not make them show sex till they are sexually mature...

Looking good over there. Your plants are looking nice and bushy especially the biggest one. I hope she turns out female on you buddy. Keep up the good work with those t5's! Unfortunately I broke my t5 ho last night after a drinking binge with a few buddies last night! Not good!

homegrownhomer said:
best thing i can think of mate is if ur not sure about sex , post a few pics and someone one here will be able to tell you real quickly if its male of female!:) good luck with ur grow mate!

:yeahthat:
thanks for the support make me a lil more confident on continuing the grow.

Hamster Lewis said:
Yeah they look good but I wld get some booster seats for the short ones now...I use cd cases often so I can adjust the height as they grow by just removing a cpl cases at a time...if they don't hve alternating nodes then flipping them will not make them show sex till they are sexually mature...

:holysheep: thats a good idea with the cd cases, im gonna be doing that today. thanks!

Wiseguy_Chef said:
indies show sex faster than sativias. Had some haze that took 3 weeks. but just look for 2 little white hairs at nods for a female, or little sacks hanging for males. best of luck green mojo to ya.

BTW what strain are u growing?

The big bushy one on the left is a big skunk (big bud x skunk #1)
The one in the light green pot in the top right is an ice plant
and the other six in the middle are from a mixed bag

Latest posts

Back