First Harvest Approaching

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Fleury

Reaction score
Here is my Northern Lights Auto. I'm flushing after a Sledgehammer drink. I have no idea when to harvest but it sure the hell looks soon. Any suggestions? Thanks. Brian

Attachments

• closeup.jpg
    closeup.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 100
  • weed1.jpg
    weed1.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 96
I have never grown an auto flower strain but I am a chronic early harvester. And I usually regret chopping when I do. Most experienced growers say to give it more time when I think my plants are ready. That being said, I think you have more time to go before harvesting. I am sure you know to check your trichomes with an eye loupe(magnifying glass). I frequently harvest when I have mostly cloudy trichs with some clear and some amber. That usually gives me a really energetic buzz. The more amber trichs, the more couch-lock(in general). If it were me, i’d give it another couple weeks. You will get more weight...

Thanks. I have yet to getting anything under a scope. What mag? Thanks. I am amazed at how this particular plant has gone. I have a few Blue Dreams. They are growing bushy and slow. I have another Tangerine Dream a few weeks behind the pant above. Nice, not nearly as beefy as this one. Don't want to F&^% anything up now.

I think 20 or 30x is fine. I got one from HTG supply that is a dual 30 and 60 but I don’t like the 60x and can see just fine with the 30. You just want to be able to see the globes on top of the stalks. I’d look on Amazon but the wife is pestering me to watch a movie...

Thanks. Picked up a cheap digital one. I like it. Here are my trichomes. I think they are almost all cloudy. No amber ones noticed. Thing stunk my place up on her way to the photo shoot :}. Should I hold for a few amber ones?

Attachments

• lloollo.jpg
    lloollo.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 86
  • fffffffffffffffffffffff.jpg
    fffffffffffffffffffffff.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 79
I would wait. I know it is hard to wait but the buds will bulk up so you will get better yield. That being said, I am horrible at waiting and almost always harvest too early. Also, those are some nice looking buds.

Thanks. I am doing much better than I could have imagined. How would describe trichome color? I think all are partly/mostly cloudy? They certainly are not as clear as a week ago. I have zeeero experience looking at these. I am going to wait as you say Mr. Fogey. I wish I could give you a sample to test.

Yes. They are mostly cloudy. If you look in the harvest section here, there should be some good pics of trichomes in various stages. You are indeed doing very well.

At least 2 weeks if you want any amber. Longer for more.

Yeah the waiting totally sucks but is worth it. Once they’re cut they’re cut. After so many weeks waiting one more is difficult. To me it always seems like they stall for a period of time.

I'm in no hurry. I want the highest quality I can get. I am on the lightweight side with THC. I have anxiety. I will try a low THC, high CBD strain next grow. Most of whatever I get will be given away. I always wanted to grow pot since the 70's. Now it's legal and more fun than I thought.

I give away much of what I grow too but I also hold onto a stash of what I have grown for a long time. Old weed, if kept sealed up in a Mason jar, I’d really nice and mellow. I am not a big fan of jittery weed either. I have some from my first grow in 2012 and it is really nice and chill. I keep my old strains sealed up with a Boveda pack(I use #62’s) and break out an old bud from time to time. I even have a Thai bud that was pretty uppity when I first harvested it that is nice and mellow now. I think the THC degraded into CBN. Someone correct me please if I am mistaken but I think CBN is more couch-locky.

I give away much of what I grow too but I also hold onto a stash of what I have grown for a long time. Old weed, if kept sealed up in a Mason jar, I’d really nice and mellow. I am not a big fan of jittery weed either. I have some from my first grow in 2012 and it is really nice and chill. I keep my old strains sealed up with a Boveda pack(I use #62’s) and break out an old bud from time to time. I even have a Thai bud that was pretty uppity when I first harvested it that is nice and mellow now. I think the THC degraded into CBN. Someone correct me please if I am mistaken but I think CBN is more couch-locky.
THC can degrade into CBN and yes, indeed it can cause a couch locked type of medication. Personally I don't have a problem with that myself. As most of my maladies react better to a heavy Indica. Sativa is nice through the day but stops short of dealing what I need for Rheumatoid Arthritis. So depends on how the day is treating me as to how I medicate.

One 'meh' picture of the trichomes on a top cola. It was stinging my eyes it schtanks so much. Looks all cloudy and I definitely saw a smattering of amber. < 1%. I haven't watered or fed in a few days. I read stressing the gal right at the end through Cheney-like water deprivation will increase yield of THC levels... The premise being she goes all out in a last ditch effort to procreate. Made sense and I am Republican. Thanks for your help guys. I'll show some pics soon.

Tue Jan 01 18-52-53.jpg Foliage.jpg

I’d hold out for some more amber (and give her a little water too)but I understand. It is like a scab screaming to be picked... ;)

One 'meh' picture of the trichomes on a top cola. It was stinging my eyes it schtanks so much. Looks all cloudy and I definitely saw a smattering of amber. < 1%. I haven't watered or fed in a few days. I read stressing the gal right at the end through Cheney-like water deprivation will increase yield of THC levels... The premise being she goes all out in a last ditch effort to procreate. Made sense and I am Republican. Thanks for your help guys. I'll show some pics soon.

View attachment 251128 View attachment 251129
First, Lmao at your Republican crack, I needed that. :p Secondly, hold out for a tad bit more amber and you'll be tight. I'm the last one to ask about CBD plants, I never have grown one. Although, Internetual Interconnections indicate that there are some very nice strainage going on with them :)

Stressing your plant does nothing at all to increase THC--in fact the opposite. Procreation and THC production have nothing at all to do with each other. You are more likely to cause it to hermy if you stress it than you are likely to get more THC. While it is okay to cut back on nutes and let it use what it has stored, stressing it in any other way is detrimental.

I agree with The Hemp Goddess. Well said. We spend our whole grow trying not to stress our girls out. Then at the end of the grow you want to stress her out. It seems counter productive to me.

Latest posts

Back