First Indoor Closet Grow, Few Questions!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeSus

Police Officer
Reaction score
Hey guys, well this is my first post/topic, so go easy on me, and if this is in the wrong catergory, feel free to move it. Ive also been reading this forum every day for the last two weeks, so ive already learnt alot.

So i decided to try my hand at indoor growing, only a plant or two at a time, so i bought some seeds, and tried germinating. 1 out of 9 germinated, and it happened to be the only seed i thought wouldnt germinate, because it was green and white and looked rotten, anyhow it did, and i planted it in All Mix soil around 2cm's deep.

The closet is 6ft high, 2ft 10" wide, and 2ft deep. I havent painted the inside white yet, but ill do it this week. I have a 200w Blue spectrum self ballasted envirolite with reflector which claims to produce 13000 lumens. I have also purchased two red spectrum 125w envirolites for flowering phase, if i ever get that far.

In under 24hrs, my what i thought to be, rotten seed broke soil, and began to grow.

Its now been 5 days since it broke soil, its about 2 and a half inches tall, and still has no sign of its first set of true leaves, it still has its round ones.

It just seems like its not growing, its alive, and green but no signs of more leaves. The light is close, around 3inches away, and i water every 2 days when soil is dry, im using bottled spring water, and sometimes tap water which is left over night to evaporate the chlorine.

Ive had temperature problems, some days its been over 100 degrees F, ive managed to control the temp for a short while, and its now around 80 degrees.

Why isnt my plant growing? it has plenty of light, enough water, enough fans? It broke soil easy enough, and i havent changed anything since it did.

Another thing, My lighting is 18/6, on a timer, No light leaks at night. If i were to change to 24/7 lighting, would this stress the plant more? Or should i stick to 18/6?

Many thanks

JeSus said:
Ive also been reading this forum every day for the last two weeks, so ive already learnt alot.
:rofl: Sorry man, but that is just funny.

Type_S150 said:
:rofl: Sorry man, but that is just funny.

:D

And also, ive read that topic, it doesnt say whether switching from 18/6, to 24/0 will stress my new born. It just explains light cycles.

JeSus said:
:D

And also, ive read that topic, it doesnt say whether switching from 18/6, to 24/0 will stress my new born. It just explains light cycles.
You will be fine.That will not stress out your babys.Keep it GREEN:hubba:

Thanks, ill do that tonight.

Any ideas why its stopped growing? i mean if there was a big problem, wouldnt it die, or go yellow? Its alive, but not doing a thing! Its confusing, if its alive, shall i just stop being impatient and wait?

Well, the leaves were deformed, growing at wierd angles n stuff!...

Plus, my other seeds didnt germinate and they were rotten, So ive transplanted my seedling into a fresh pot, fresh soil, buried the stem a bit, and gave it one last chance at life,

Im just guna buy more seeds, better ones..and sort my grow room out :) Damn i wish i knew someone who grew, saves me spending money that i dont have on seeds :(

Latest posts

Back