First LED Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The one pic in the Middle dont look like the rest.

Nice work bro! I'm getting ready to cut some carmalicious clones tonight. You should see the mom!

Mainebud said:
Nice work bro! I'm getting ready to cut some carmalicious clones tonight. You should see the mom!

Awesome! She still in veg mode? You make any decisions on LED's or you sticking with the HPS?

LED grow lights are cost effective for growing marijuana in almost every way. In contrast with HPS lights, LED lights do not require the installation of expensive ducting or a ventilation system to control the heat. These lights use less electricity than regular grow lights.

lindseyj said:
LED grow lights are cost effective for growing marijuana in almost every way.
In contrast with HPS lights, LED lights do not require the installation of expensive ducting or a ventilation system to control the heat.

You need a ventilation system no matter what you use.

And for cost, Its cost vs yield. With the finished product at such a premium it doesn't take but a few ounces more to actually cost less.

So I'm at 50 days. Buds are filling out nicely. Not huge but nice. Still some yellow/browning leaves that I really don,t know what the problem is. Also the tops of the tallest buds seem to have bleached out and turned white. To much light? any way heres some pics.

50 days.jpg

50days (2).jpg

50days(3).jpg

50 days(4).jpg

hey chaz just read your thread thats a nice grow you have there. so far your leds are on par from what ive been reading over on mjp . and yes its seams that good leds have been know to bleach leaves when they are put to close to the plants.just do a seach and you wil see that others are having the same prob

:icon_smile: I like it. might have to add one of those to my 400watt shower.

hey ishnish your om the right track more and more people are starting to use leds these days out of the 10 are so people i know that grow in my city 5 have now moved to high watt 3w chip leds. from what i have seen with my own eyes is this. leds really dont have the penetration that hps has just yet .
so it should really work well to be put on the side of the walls just under the hps penetration . so that way you should have a increase of buds where there should be small popcorn bud. this is just me thinking.

Nice grow Bro,,, but I still dont see the Heavy Dense Buds you would get with HPS. So I dont see the cost effectiveness of LEDS. Leds put out pretty colors but Fluffy Buds. T5s grow denser Buds then what Ive seen so far grown with LEDS. But to each his own. Its better then buying Weed off the streets,,that I will say.

I'm 100% sure I'm going to add some LEDs to my HPS after a good 24 hours of thought.. I used to run two 400w lights in this area and between the heat and limited space, I'm yielding almost the same with one light. also, it's curious to me how with HID's the light comes from mostly a single point while with LEDs it comes from an array of points.. I'm about 3 weeks from cropping so I'll add in the LEDs next grow and throw a journal up. :rolleyes:

Sin inc said:
hey chaz just read your thread thats a nice grow you have there. so far your leds are on par from what ive been reading over on mjp . and yes its seams that good leds have been know to bleach leaves when they are put to close to the plants.just do a seach and you wil see that others are having the same prob

Thanks for the info on the leaves. The light is about 14 inches off the canopy so I wouldn't think it would be a problem...but there it is.

WeedHopper said:
Nice grow Bro,,, but I still dont see the Heavy Dense Buds you would get with HPS. So I dont see the cost effectiveness of LEDS. Leds put out pretty colors but Fluffy Buds. T5s grow denser Buds then what Ive seen so far grown with LEDS. But to each his own. Its better then buying Weed off the streets,,that I will say.

I tend to be in agreement at this point. I cant say for sure how dense the buds are yet but I'm hoping for better than T5's. I've done that too.

chazmaine420 said:
I tend to be in agreement at this point. I cant say for sure how dense the buds are yet but I'm hoping for better than T5's. I've done that too.
Cool,,yeah Ive grown with HO T5s and got some pretty decent buds, Nothing like I get with HPS though. The T5s was all I had at the time,,and as I said,,,,I would rather grow with anything I can get my hands on,,rather then buy Weed. Right now I have to Buy Weed cause I cant grow.:rolleyes:

hey ishnish lots of the fam would love to see that grow. i know i would. i am running a 400 now and and was thinking of ordering some of thoses el cheap-o leds mybe 8 of those triband squares for 40-50 dollars each . put 2 on each wall of the tent mybe a foot and a half from the potline.should help boost some of that pop corn bud and it might help the bottom leaves from falling off because they're not getting light . the more leaves the better bud right

The last couple weeks were pretty dull so I hadn't posted. But today was harvest day! 67 days in flower. The results were more impressive than I expected. I started with the Chernobyl located front right side. The buds on this were pretty stretched and spaced out for the most part. A bit dissapointing but I'm begining to think its just not a high yeilding strain.

Next was the Great White Shark on the left side. the plant stayed shorter than the other two and I wasn't expecting a great yield. I was wrong. Good solid buds and quite a few of them. A pleasant surprise!

Last in the back right was Carmelicious. I have been growing this under HPS for a while so this was the one that I could really make a comparison with. Nice fat buds that compared well to my recent HPS harvest. Not monster buds but very nice.

So heres the wet wieght.

Chernobyl 211 g
Great White Shark 438 g
Carmelicious 335 g

Total weight 984 g

Over all a really nice harvest. Probably 200g or so dry.

My last 600w HPS harvest was 9 carmelicious plants. The average per plant yield was 294g. The best was 414g the worst132g. This is all wet wieght.

So heres a few pics.

67days-harvest.jpg

67 (2).jpg

67-3.jpg

Those are some mouth watering buds. Enjoy your harvest chaz. Well done. :)

Latest posts

Back