First LED Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Hemp Goddess said:
This is part of what really upsets me about LED retailers. You KNOW that these lights are aimed at mj growers (there is no way these ads are aimed at people growing lettuce) and when they claim it will veg a 4 x 4 space, you are supposed to believe that it will do it for cannabis and it simply won't. I also will not flower a 2 x 2 space.

They need to get honest about their products. As it is, one really doesn't know what to believe because they have lied for so long about the space one will adequately cover.

Hi Goddess,
I totally agree that its tough to get good info on LED's, which is one reason I decided to get a good one (at least i hope so ) and try this out. This 300 w Should equal a 400w HPS, so 2 x 3 should get full coverage.

chazmaine420 said:
Hi Goddess,
I totally agree that its tough to get good info on LED's, which is one reason I decided to get a good one (at least i hope so ) and try this out. This 300 w Should equal a 400w HPS, so 2 x 3 should get full coverage.

I hope u get what your looking for. Full coverage is good but penetration is the other question.
The sun has the penetration power as it does Lu and spectrum
Hid lamps have lumens/pen/some what of a "good" spectrum compared to sun.
LEDs no real pen. But they can be made so the plants use "ALL" the light.
Hmmmmm. So will they work 5-10" away or you needing 2" to be getting max out of light.

LH.

I think your 300w led should do better then a 400w hps ... a friend of mine has a 340 that does better then his 400 hps. and since you got a good LED I think u should cover ur 3x2 real good. about penetration I dont think it does more than one foot with 1 watt led's I here stronger led's will do better. I guess we gotta wait and see your results good luck.

let's see some "LED evangelist" rituals in practice for once :D

I read in a book that a 300 watt led is equal to a 600 hps light I personaly don't know how true but it could be

skullcandy said:
I read in a book that a 300 watt led is equal to a 600 hps light I personaly don't know how true but it could be

I have a 55 x 55 tent with a 600w HPS that solidly covers 4'x 4'. So far I don't see that this 300w LED could replace that. I am noticing that the light fades pretty quickly as it moves out to the edges. We'll see how it goes.

skullcandy said:

What book? It would be great if it was true, but it just isn't.

hey there is a guy here in maripassion.com thats made his own 300 w led. he got 13.3 oz. just about the same you would get a 600w. just saying im sure there is a lot of factors

Here we are at 14 days into flower. Growth has been significant and no problems so far. Screen has been raised a couple inches to accomodate the stretch and i've been tucking things under the screen as they grow.

14days (2).jpg

The Hemp Goddess said:
What book? It would be great if it was true, but it just isn't.
eds marijuana growers handbook he claims to have test grown mj for over 30 years at a university its an interesting book he has lots on useful info

chazmaine420 said:
I have a 55 x 55 tent with a 600w HPS that solidly covers 4'x 4'. So far I don't see that this 300w LED could replace that. I am noticing that the light fades pretty quickly as it moves out to the edges. We'll see how it goes.

so the reason for you would be that the shape of the light does not allow the light to be spread as wide as needed not that the light is not strong enough. I felt that my led ligh works best around 12-16 inches from the top of the plant but I only had a 235 watts how close is yours

The Hemp Goddess said:
This is part of what really upsets me about LED retailers. You KNOW that these lights are aimed at mj growers (there is no way these ads are aimed at people growing lettuce) and when they claim it will veg a 4 x 4 space, you are supposed to believe that it will do it for cannabis and it simply won't. It also will not flower a 2 x 2 space.

They need to get honest about their products. As it is, one really doesn't know what to believe because they have lied for so long about the space one will adequately cover.

very true. i initially had a bigger foot print but noticed the overall light to the plants weren't that great. i reduced the amount and lowered it to maximize the grow. if you run optics on the leds, you can raise it higher for more foot print.

i also like what the leds are doing for me I just need more wattage but who does'nt want more wattts for there grows

skullcandy said:
i also like what the leds are doing for me I just need more wattage but who does'nt want more wattts for there grows

LOL---me. I would like to have more space, but unless I get more space, I don't need more wattage. In fact, I didn't see any difference when going from a 1000W in that room to 2 600W. I am guessing that 7500 lumens per sq ft is about all my plants can utilize. Now, though, the lower heat...to me is the real plus with LEDs.

I like the low heat i grow at night in dsthe summer with just a couple fans one inside to circulate the air one outside to blow cool air in from the open wimdow worked out good I managed to keep my temps 80 - 90 F not the best temp for growing but still worked out.

So here we are at 3 weeks. There still stretching a bit and flowers are forming. Screen has been raised a couple inches more so it doesn't appear that they've grown much but they have. I don't think there keeping up with an HPS to be honest but we'll see what they look like in another 3 weeks.

21days(2).jpg

21-3 (2).jpg

21-2 (2).jpg

the one said:
idk to me it looks like the LED are winning this war

Well only you would know since there are no pictures of anything you have grown.

Latest posts

Back