First Medical Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PadrePuff

Reaction score
20191203_215738.jpg
20191203_215844.jpg
20191203_215628.jpg
This is my first attempt at indoor grow.
After setup in a "Gorilla Grow" style setup in a transformed closet with panda film and 6inch input output duct. MarsHydro hooked me to with this Mars Hydro model TSW2000, in return for an honest review of any pro's and con's on the grow cycle. During this experiment anyone using code "PadrePuff", will get a discount on http://www.mars-hydro.com.
I am not an employee or representative for any Cannabis related business although it would be nice. I am just a poor priest with a Medical Cannabis Card.
20191203_215738.jpg
20191203_215844.jpg

Padre --Welcome to MP - What variety critters U got in those solo cups ?-- There's plenty around who can keep U on the straight and narrow -- Do some reading -- ask some questions -- I'm in Texas - We don't do MMJ cards -- I'm also a medical user -- I make my own medicine -- Smoking it is for pleasure -- eating it is medicine!-- I make and take cannacaps -- They are just decarbed trim packed into empty gel caps --We teach U all about making medicine !-- I had a major head Injury and spent most of a decade as a legal Morphine junkie -- Not anymore !--
Once again Welcome to MP !

Padre --Welcome to MP - What variety critters U got in those solo cups ?-- There's plenty around who can keep U on the straight and narrow -- Do some reading -- ask some questions -- I'm in Texas - We don't do MMJ cards -- I'm also a medical user -- I make my own medicine -- Smoking it is for pleasure -- eating it is medicine!-- I make and take cannacaps -- They are just decarbed trim packed into empty gel caps --We teach U all about making medicine !-- I had a major head Injury and spent most of a decade as a legal Morphine junkie -- Not anymore !--
Once again Welcome to MP !
Thank you bud.

I can't believe I forgot that.

2 Northern Lights BB Ruderalis
2 Blue Mystic Ruderalis
1 Chemdog F5 fenotype called "Plumber's Helper" from a SoCal bud.

Now in retrospect I know now that I should of germinated the Ruderalis in the final container to begin with however, I was also separately testing out germination methods of coco vs. coffee filter in moist bag which both germinated 100% of the seeds germinating in both options.

Padre I won't be much help with Ruderalis or autos -- I'm a cloner and U can't clone them so I don't grow them -- It's a good way to get your feet wet I suppose ?-- There's some others grow autos that'll keep U pointed in the right direction -- I grow mostly indica -- I clone from clones and keep my bloodlines going cycle after cycle - I once grew a white widow for 4 and a half years running rooted cuttings

Those autos were not feminized were they ?-- With my indicas - I can put them in 12/12 light and sex them - After I got my girls I can start taking cuttings-- I find clones produce a consistent product -- Same plant over and over again -- U know what to expect !

Welcome to MP, great community of fellow members here who are filled with plenty of knowledge. Congrats on your 100% Germ Rate, its exciting when that happens. Always remember that your number one nutrient to your plants is TLC! Give them that and they will give it back! Log and journal everything you learn, its a quick way to beef up on the knowledge for the skills your looking to tune to make some great medicine!

Good luck and Enjoy!

Me goal going in was to try to grow something better than what dispensaries pass off.
Now my intention is to just get better.
Now the autos are feminized however the Chem dog x Brutus is a strain a friend from my bud in SoCal that he's been successful with and nice enough to send me.

Hi Padrepuff! Crecer con dios! Are you going organic with your grow? It's easy. If you do, make sure you water and feed with distilled water. The chlorine and or chloramine will kill your beneficial life in the soil.
I bet you have some gardening experience, eh Padre? I hope you stick around. I love seeing people take control of their medicine!

Oh yeah bunch of nice buds already have reached out. @novitius I do have experience with organic in ground gardening however, this is my first indoor LED grow. I am trying to keep as organic as possible and yes my bud just distilled water for these girls.
I'll keep you all posted.

Padre looking for better quality than he can get at a dispensary ?-- It ain't them autos but they will give U a place to start !-- Run them -- get a little experience and I'm sure someone round here will send U some seed to what U looking for !-- There's some exceptional genetics floating around here !-- 1st thing U know we'll have U running a continuous grow -- cloning - revegging-- Growing some serious medicine for the flock !--

Thank you my bud. That is e
Padre looking for better quality than he can get at a dispensary ?-- It ain't them autos but they will give U a place to start !-- Run them -- get a little experience and I'm sure someone round here will send U some seed to what U looking for !-- There's some exceptional genetics floating around here !-- 1st thing U know we'll have U running a continuous grow -- cloning - revegging-- Growing some serious medicine for the flock !--
Thanks bud. That is exactly what I'm trying to do use this to get my feet wet and just get better. I understand this is more of a rollercoaster than a race with all the different variables but, I figure distilled water, good soil, organic fertilizers and starting with the Mars Light gives me a good place to start. Some things can remain constant although strains might be finicky or need more TLC.

I'm gonna be upgrading but I got about a dozen Mars Hydro 300 watt Reflector series lights -- They starting to get old and need to be replaced --I'm in between relocating and about to start setting back up - I run a continuous grow -- What I'll be doing is a 16 plant - 4 part bloom rotation -- I use 2 grow areas - one for veg at 24/7 light and bloom at 12/12 -- I run mostly photo indicas plants that will finish in about 60 days -- Bloom starts with 4 plants -- 2 weeks later I move 4 more to bloom
Every 2 weeks until bloom is full then a harvest of 4 plants starts coming out of bloom every 2 weeks and the rotation rolls on -- I have 9 girls to clone and counting - I clone from clones and keep no mother plants -
-I take cannacaps made from trim to control pain from a head and neck injury -- Crumble the weed -- bake at 275 for 45 minutes to an hour -- Pack it into empty 00 gel caps with a whittled down chop stick and done --( take with oil )-- Or I bake it in a jar ( to hold down smell) then fill the jar up with warm coconut oil -- shake or stir on occasion as it cools --
Filter and use the oil as medicine -- Potency will depend on the weed - U have to find your own dose -- If I use my medicine in Texas to relieve suffering and pain I go to jail !-- interesting moral delmna I find myself in !-- I shouldn't say it like that -- I have no moral delmna with it I just don't want to get caught -- I'm allergic to jail !

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm gonna be upgrading but I got about a dozen Mars Hydro 300 watt Reflector series lights -- They starting to get old and need to be replaced --I'm in between relocating and about to start setting back up - I run a continuous grow -- What I'll be doing is a 16 plant - 4 part bloom rotation -- I use 2 grow areas - one for veg at 24/7 light and bloom at 12/12 -- I run mostly photo indicas plants that will finish in about 60 days -- Bloom starts with 4 plants -- 2 weeks later I move 4 more to bloom
Every 2 weeks until bloom is full then a harvest of 4 plants starts coming out of bloom every 2 weeks and the rotation rolls on -- I have 9 girls to clone and counting - I clone from clones and keep no mother plants -
-I take cannacaps made from trim to control pain from a head and neck injury -- Crumble the weed -- bake at 275 for 45 minutes to an hour -- Pack it into empty 00 gel caps with a whittled down chop stick and done --( take with oil )-- Or I bake it in a jar ( to hold down smell) then fill the jar up with warm coconut oil -- shake or stir on occasion as it cools --
Filter and use the oil as medicine -- Potency will depend on the weed - U have to find your own dose -- If I use my medicine in Texas to relieve suffering and pain I go to jail !-- interesting moral delmna I find myself in !-- I shouldn't say it like that -- I have no moral delmna with it I just don't want to get caught -- I'm allergic to jail !

I believe I'll give the capsules a try better than dealing with edibles. The good thing is I'm in New Mexico. So medicinal marijuana is cool. Although I got you on the jail front.

BTW if anyone is interested like I said
Mars-Hydro will give anyone a discount on http://www.mars-hydro.com will give a discount to anyone using code "PadrePuff", during this experiment on the light they provided me with.

I'll be buying some new lights when I buy a new place - and I have mars hydro now so I'll check with U before I buy and see if the deal is still on -- New Mexico ?-- We practically next door neighbors -- U might want to start now hustling more lights -- In bloom they need more light - about 1,000 watts per square yard -- If U want to beat the dispensary quality U need 2 things -- Nature and nurture-- Nature is what the variety is capable of--- nurture is the environment U grow in -- We can get U the genetics but U will have to provide the environment -- We have a big problem with heat down here -- With heat comes bugs -- Do some reading about pest control because It's not if but when U get bugs --
I tell people growing is so simple to be so complicated ! --If a guy smokes a joint to unwind after work --that is medical to me !-- When U get these autos done if U haven't found seed to what U want --I'll set U up with some seed to southern genetics -- born and bred under the jack boot of prohibition !--At one time there was a lot of top shelf seed passing thru my hands - I kept a share of many and did some breeding - They don't have fancy names but they got the pedigree !

Latest posts

Back