First Stealth Hydro Grow CFL - Advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sighko1

Reaction score
So I am working on my first grow box and I am looking for any advice on how I can make it better. I just got it up and running this weekend so I am posting around trying to get as much input as I can. I am kinda an anxious guy and really want to make sure I am doing everything right.

I am planning to use this one to for the Vegetative grow. I am using 2 Tupperware containers stacked up on top of each other with the middle cut out. The inside is lined with Reflectix from the hardware store.

I have two intake holes, one is a 2" straight through hole with a light trap, the second has a 25 cfm fan. Inside I have 2 air moving computer fans, one of blowing between two of the 3 23W CFL bulbs. These bulbs are about 18" from the tops of the grow area. I have an 44 CFM exhaust fan going through a 4" hole that can be connected to ducting and a homemade carbon filter. I currently am not using the ducting because smell is not an issue, I am hoping that when it is, I can move the girls to my flowering chamber. Also the air flow is much greater without the ducting attached. If smell does become an issue, I am looking at building an inline carbon filter with another 44cfm fan pulling the air through it.

I am attempting to use hydroponics so I have a 3 gallon reserve under the grow box. I have it setup as a drip system that turns on 3 times for 30 minutes during the 18 hour time when the lights are on.

For my little grow area in the box, I just have a Tupperware box for holding hows that I have hot glued on top of a new 12" flower pot at an angle so the water flows down to a drain hole where I have caulked in a 1/2" drain tube that goes straight down through a hole in the grow box to the reservoir. In the reservoir I have a air stone hooked up to a 15G airpump. I have also spray painted the tube black to prevent any light from getting in.

Right now I am watering my two clones with in two different ways because I am not sure which is best. For one I have a 2GPH dripper connected to my 1/2" house, for the other, I just have a 1/8" hose connected directly to the 1/2" hose with now flow control. The pump I am using is a 130 PGH pump that has to pump the water about 2 feet vertically up before it reaches the plant.

My big question is how much water should I be giving these guys in 3" rockwool cubes.

Another note, my temperature gets kinda high, around 84 or so because I on the third story in an apt building and all the heat rises, so that is the ambient temperature in the house and there isn't much I can do about it. I try and run the lights from 10pm until 6pm as to be off when the building is hotest, so far I haven't seen anything over 85.

I am also anxious to hear any other comments on how I can improve my setup. I am working on building a large 2'x2'x3' flowering chamber that will have a 400 HPS & 250 MH cool tubes. I will be posting pictures of that work soon for much appreciated input.

Thanks in advance for you help. Reading these forums have been an amazing help in design things so far.

IMG_0455.JPG

IMG_0456.JPG

IMG_0461.JPG

IMG_0462.JPG

Latest posts

Back