first time grower growing 100+ plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
gets a nice big pot and uses some quality soil then he will only have to water.
try a100 nice big pots,..and hundereds of yards of "quality soil".. and hundreds of gallons of water weekly...

I have many years of outdoor experience, and 100 plant would tax me seriously. There is more to growing OD pot, than dropping a seed in the ground and coming back in October.
My long time experience has proven to me, that not "anyone" can do it. Not even "anyone' can grow one. let alone a field full.

100 plant requires an expensive initial investment: soil, fert, water. After that time and attention.

the widowmaker said:
Did I say all states? I think not i said a lot of states, just as you say a lot of states have scalable.

how can i be wrong, its fact, i can go on norml and see it, so before trying to make me look like an idiot go check your facts first.

Not all states are the same, i'm English and live in England and I understand that, how come you don't?

Awww how cute, he can read! What else does your little NORML site say kiddo? Go read some more....

In the USA, Marijuana is still a controlled substance, FEDERALLY! Federal laws trumps state and local laws! Which is why fighting against the negative image already cast on the drug, by people like you, is such a problem. All you care for is yourself and the little picture of your imputent life. Look at the bigger picture, look past yourself, Mj has scientificly proven medicinal uses. There are some who grow for themselves, for an actual medicinal need, and that need gets spoiled with little pests like yourself who just try to drag it down.

Go read a book, maybe about your parliament, but dont confuse yourself anymore about knowing how the judicial system over here works and the laws that we have, just because you get some content off a little website, the whole story is not there!

Be gone with you! Fly away or something, you annoy me!

Nova

p.s.

Sorry if offended anyone, but i cant stand people who LIVE SOMEWHERE ELSE thinking they have a right to say something about a locale THEY DONT LIVE IN!

This is a free forum buddy, i'm allowed to have an opinion and if you don't like it, then i'm sorry your just going to have to deal with it.

Personally I don't know about ms or other actual real problems that people use marijuana for, all I do know is that there are a lot of people just using that as an excuse to get stoned.

Medical marijuana for most reasons it is used in the states is crooked, I have no belief in medical mj apart from maybe with ms. I don't know haven't had it.

All I do know is that it doesn't cure any aches and pains i have, to use it for insomnia is an excuse to toke, i just don't believe in it, i think its a bunch of people that jumped on a bandwagon just to get stoned like the rest of us.

I pity you nova

The amount of times i've seen someone on a forum ask people what to say so they can get their card.

It's all just a falsehood, the sooner these fakers stop jumping on the medical bandwagon, the sooner medical mj will be taken seriously

Nova said:
Awww how cute, he can read! What else does your little NORML site say kiddo? Go read some more....

In the USA, Marijuana is still a controlled substance, FEDERALLY! Federal laws trumps state and local laws! Which is why fighting against the negative image already cast on the drug, by people like you, is such a problem. All you care for is yourself and the little picture of your imputent life. Look at the bigger picture, look past yourself, Mj has scientificly proven medicinal uses. There are some who grow for themselves, for an actual medicinal need, and that need gets spoiled with little pests like yourself who just try to drag it down.

Go read a book, maybe about your parliament, but dont confuse yourself anymore about knowing how the judicial system over here works and the laws that we have, just because you get some content off a little website, the whole story is not there!

Nova

p.s.

Sorry if offended anyone, but i cant stand people who LIVE SOMEWHERE ELSE thinking they have a right to say something about a locale THEY DONT LIVE IN!

Let's keep it somewhat civil...I do think WM made a lot of valid points and I live in the good ole USA...you can disagree but make your point, not point at someone...

the widowmaker said:
The amount of times i've seen someone on a forum ask people what to say so they can get their card.

It's all just a falsehood, the sooner these fakers stop jumping on the medical bandwagon, the sooner medical mj will be taken seriously

You're right widow, this is a free forum, but there are people on here who do use it for other purposes other than just gettin stoned. There is nothing wrong with makin a buck off of it, i applaud it. My only problem with this 100+ grow, is the fact that he has never grown before and wants to set out on growing 100+, dont you see the idiocracy in that? If he were to grow the 100+, and a big IF i might add, what purpose would he have other than to just sell it, its obvious this thread wasnt started with the intent that he enjoys the growing of the plant as a hobby or has a need to grow for himself to help medicate himself. I personally, enjoy the hobby of growing plants, all plants, MJ just happens to be more challenging than your everyday garden variety tomato plant, so i enjoy the challenge. My need isnt demanding, a back ache here, a bad day at work, long day at school, the need to relax so i can resume normal activities at home.

So what justifies your reasoning for getting stoned? You gotta have some type of reasoning for getting stoned, is your need any less than someone who say has severe back pain and uses it to relax? Doesn't smoking help you relax after a long day? If so, then youre a hippocrit for saying it has no med value, it had the med value to relax you, which to someone is better than taking a Zanex or a Vicodin, or even worse those Oxycotton that ive lost 3 friends to that are legal! If youre friend dont like their laws where they live, its on them to set in motion the right wheels to get it legalized. Otherwise, they can move to where it is....

Bottom line, is that staying in a small grow not only produces better quality, which you can sell for higher profit margins, but also allows you to not pollute society with bad stigma about MJ. Focus on the positive...

And dont pity me, i dont pity anyone, and dont recognize pity! Just be more open minded about things....

Nova

Nova said:

Nova

p.s.

Hey now.. :( we can all express our opinions without the attacks.
Widow has made valid points, as have others. No need to be attempting to run ANYONE off. ..or trying to cause hurt. :hitchair:
If there's any "runnin' off" to be done around here, I'll be doin' it Bobba-louie ;)
I've been enjoying this discussion. WM and I didn't agree on all points, bu we managed to contradict each other without either of us feeling chastised.or offended. I hope :)

I would like to know how many med users here never smoked pot before they got their "condition" to smoke under the medical heading,

i can genuinely say i never smoked pot before someone crashed into me in my truck. i am a medical user and will be one for the rest of my life. i do not take pain meds unless i HAVE to have them.

thank god for MJ.

Please chill people. Also the swearing?

smokybear said:
In many states, the laws go on how many plants they catch you with. 0-99 plants get you the same sentence. I say go for it my friend. Make sure to read up and gain some knowledge so you do in fact know what you're getting yourself into though. Managing 100+ plants even with two people, will be extremely hard if you actually spend the time and effort to grow and care for them throughout the growing season. If you simply plant them and come back once more to remove males, then the work is relatively simple. Either way, good luck and keep us posted. Take care and good luck.

do you know how can you find out what the law is in a particular state? thanks

^^ He hit it right on the head. I fully agree with widowmaker. Outdoors is the easiest to grow because all you have to do is plant them, come back once to weed the males, and maybe 2-3 more times to determine when to harvest. Piece of cake if you have little time to mess with them too much. Nature will take care of the plants just fine. Im sure they will grow just fine without human interaction. Just my thoughts once again. Take care everyone.

Sorry guys, I mentioned that someone else here was pointing fingers and was well repremanded for my own stupidity in doing the same. No hard feelings toward anyone, just got carried away a tad with my emotional response...my apologies...

This is definitely one interesting thread to read. Im glad it was started.

There is no need for the attitudes and violence though. We are all different. We were raised different. We have different attitudes on what is "morally" right and wrong. There is no need to hurt peoples feelings by calling them out. Making a point is one thing, trying to belittle someone is quite another.

I would have to agree with widowmaker on the medical reasons to smoke pot. I could make up a hundred things that mj helps me with but they would all be bogus. I just like to get high. Thats it. No story to it. I just enjoy to get high and have a good time just like the next person. Most people are the same way. Dont get me wrong, Im sure there are a few people out there that actually smoke pot to deal with some sort of chronic pain but most arent. They are just people that enjoy to get high.

As I stated before, someone has to grow the bud that the people who dont grow smoke up every year. Im sure there are many many smokers out there that dont actually grow their own personal stash. A few do but most wouldnt even know where to start. In my group of friends, me and one other friend grow mj. The rest buy their weed from the mugz that peddle the commercial pot that I would never touch. Better to buy some good homegrown nugs than waste money on that crap that floods the market from beyond the US borders...Just my two cents. I will definitely be watching this thread as it has turned out to be very interesting. Take care all.

IMO I believe that 70% of med lic holders are false claims of sickness just to smoke. And I can attest to two positive experiences with MJ, is it does relax me and makes me feel good and if I had a hangover it makes me feel alot better. But if I had a chest cold and smoked through the whole sickness it would take me along time to recover. Now I don’t have any terminal sickness like cancer or any of the other sicknesses it supposedly helps. I imagine it probably would help relieve the pain to some extent to make it tolerable.

IMO these dispensaries are way over charging for MJ, I myself have purchased on the street many of times and for the quality of weed I was getting it was 50 an 1/8th, now for that same weed I pay 75-80 an 1/8th. I understand taxes and payroll and all that stuff, but these guys are making a killing. So if you have anyone to rip apart, I think it should be these dispensaries/legal drug houses and the government/state. I mean for the most part these dispensaries are purchasing MJ from non-government growers, so to me that seems illegal .

So before all you non-profit growers/lic med users start getting on your high horse and start ripping someone who wants to sell it for profit. The fact of the matter is not everyone has the means to grow for personal purposes or obtain a med lic. So where do they go? You should realize the growers prospective, he invested time, money, risk, so if he wants to make some money of it whether big or small he should be aloud to. Cause it looks like weed is not going to be legal for a long time on the federal level so there is going to have to be growers who grow illegally for the demand if they want to make money for there time and effort I am all for it.

Thanks
SALT

outdoorsman101 said:
"There's also some HUGE trees on my land and in the neighbouring forest. Would it be possible to actually put some plants in those trees? I'm physically fit and can climb like a monkey."

I know there aren't any treetop grows here (yet) but I know there are some threads on treetop growing at rollitup.. search "treetop". I have some perfect trees for it at my house and am considering it too

I made all the threads on rollitup.org on treetop growing.....im da treetop master yooo!!

SALTROCK said:
IMO I believe that 70% of med lic holders are false claims of sickness just to smoke. And I can attest to two positive experiences with MJ, is it does relax me and makes me feel good and if I had a hangover it makes me feel alot better. But if I had a chest cold and smoked through the whole sickness it would take me along time to recover. Now I don’t have any terminal sickness like cancer or any of the other sicknesses it supposedly helps. I imagine it probably would help relieve the pain to some extent to make it tolerable.

IMO these dispensaries are way over charging for MJ, I myself have purchased on the street many of times and for the quality of weed I was getting it was 50 an 1/8th, now for that same weed I pay 75-80 an 1/8th. I understand taxes and payroll and all that stuff, but these guys are making a killing. So if you have anyone to rip apart, I think it should be these dispensaries/legal drug houses and the government/state. I mean for the most part these dispensaries are purchasing MJ from non-government growers, so to me that seems illegal .

So before all you non-profit growers/lic med users start getting on your high horse and start ripping someone who wants to sell it for profit. The fact of the matter is not everyone has the means to grow for personal purposes or obtain a med lic. So where do they go? You should realize the growers prospective, he invested time, money, risk, so if he wants to make some money of it whether big or small he should be aloud to. Cause it looks like weed is not going to be legal for a long time on the federal level so there is going to have to be growers who grow illegally for the demand if they want to make money for there time and effort I am all for it.

Thanks
SALT

Well said SALT!

Dispenseries, where im at, are illegal. I believe most are, as you would have to have an adequate amount of processed mj to sell, and laws where im from strictly dictate how much you can have, weight wise, and it wouldnt be enough to supply anymore than say 3-4 habitual users...

Im totally in agreement with selling for profit, even if it is legal in our locale, it is still illegal higher up, so we all take the necessary risks. If youre the one taking the risk, youre the one that should come out on top. Its like when ya pulled a "Hey Mr! Will ya buy us booze?" in highschool. You only wanted an 18pack of brew, which was less than $20, but you handed the guy a $20 anyways and never expected to get the change back. Its his by right cuz he took the risk of buyin it for ya!

Ya, alot of people get cards just to grow, its a system. People abuse the welfare system too, its all part of the system. People abuse the judiciary system too, look who many people are wrongly convicted or those who should be convicted and arent all because of some stupid crap. Thats how these work, but realizing there are those who find more comfort in life smokin to help their ailments gives some validity to mj. Everyone either smokes for the feeling, relaxation, to cure pain, etc...we all have our own reasons why we do it. Bottom line is, we all use mj medicinally to cure whatever ailments we have, whether it be a long day at work, to people with eating disorders or cataracts, its all used to help the individual find a better quality of life!

It's just that this grow seems unrealistic and blown out of proportions! Im no high-horse kind of guy, just thought the idea of someone tryin to grow 100+ plants for the first time was extreme. Easy or not.....

Nova

Im not posting in this thread anymore, im done, im gonna go toke and every puff puff is gonna be for all you bruddahs, and sistas if we have some round! :D

Here is the bottom line.. This site was established, and has been a place for "personal" grows and for persons to learn to grow for THEMSELVES. As long as "I'm" on this site, it will remain so. If MarP' would like to make a 'change' here, it's his house.
Commercial grows/growers have always been discouraged here. Large grows attract unecessary attention.. Above and beyond any medical provisions, the Feds have drawn a line, set a limit, on the number of plants before they get involved. 100 is that magic number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back