first time grower growing 100+ plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
nice views pointed out everywhere but i think its a bit naive to say that no one uses medical marijuana for pain at all lol. I know many user who pretty much if they don't use it they don't eat. So i see there are many mixed feelings on the topic but to say everybody just jumped on a band wagon to get stoned with less hassle lol very naive to say that in my opinion.

I do not advocate large scale growing, because with large scale growing comes big money and big risks. You have to be prepared to do "certain things" to survive in that game. You will deal with people who owe you money. There is no legal way to retrieve your money so you need to use other ways. If you want to live that type of life you have to become a certain type of person, otherwise you will not survive. You cannot be seen to be a pushover. It's this violence that ruins everything for us. Because it is illegal, it is a magnet for scumbags to make money.

If you're growing enough for yourself and some friends, what's the harm in that ? You'll never be rich, but you'll never be broke. I believe that growing mj primarily for money as a product takes the good out of it.

I don't use mj for medical reasons myself, just to get high and relax. It does helps my sleepless nights though. Don't really care whether that would be classed as medicinal or not. I don't need to justify why I use it, yet everytime I drink alcohol and have a hangover, I feel lousy, and ask "why did I do this to myself again?"

Anyway guys, my mind has just hitten a blank. I put it down to to this brain freeze Hollands Hope I am smoking for my imaginary illnesses :rofl:

Peace ... RBH

Runbyhemp said:
I do not advocate large scale growing, because with large scale growing comes big money and big risks. You have to be prepared to do "certain things" to survive in that game. You will deal with people who owe you money. There is no legal way to retrieve your money so you need to use other ways. If you want to live that type of life you have to become a certain type of person, otherwise you will not survive. You cannot be seen to be a pushover. It's this violence that ruins everything for us. Because it is illegal, it is a magnet for scumbags to make money.

If you're growing enough for yourself and some friends, what's the harm in that ? You'll never be rich, but you'll never be broke. I believe that growing mj primarily for money as a product takes the good out of it.

I don't use mj for medical reasons myself, just to get high and relax. It does helps my sleepless nights though. Don't really care whether that would be classed as medicinal or not. I don't need to justify why I use it, yet everytime I drink alcohol and have a hangover, I feel lousy, and ask "why did I do this to myself again?"

Anyway guys, my mind has just hitten a blank. I put it down to to this brain freeze Hollands Hope I am smoking for my imaginary illnesses :rofl:

Peace ... RBH

Some more narrow minded thoughts.

Your stereotyping things like the government does.

They say everyone that smokes weed is bad or whatever, your just passing that on to people who grow for profit.

None of what you just said applies to me.

I think you need to stop confusing street corner dealers and profit growers, the two are not the same thing.

the widowmaker said:
I think you need to stop confusing street corner dealers and profit growers, the two are not the same thing.
Morning widow :) glad to see you
You may be "the exception", but "most" big, commercial grows are associated with gangs, thugs, 'street corner dealers' and organized criminal rings. Call it "narrow minded" if you like. The general public has a narrow minded view..wether you agree or not. I see it everyday in the news. We aren't going to change the public opinion of "pot smokers", medical or not, by condoning/supporting the commercial drug dealers.
..This is NOT the profile that we wish to convey here...

Ok, seeing as everyone is bringing up their back pains and whatever.

Lets take a quick look at my situation and the way it works for me.

Years ago, i was totally legit, didn't grow, working as an estate agent earning around 60k usd per year. I was young I had my own house and was just expecting my second child, life couldn't be any better for a guy of my age.

After many years in the industry of working my nuts off hard for someone elses gain and getting very little compensation for my work in contrast, I decided it would be good, if I could go out and have my own business.

So I did my reaserching and checked around, i realised what I wanted to do. I wanted to have my own business teaching people how to drive cars.

The training to do this cost me 6800usd, once I had completed this I would be offered my own business on a franchise with the largest driving school in the uk.

Because of the training schedule it was impossible to work for 5 months until i was in a situation where I had passed enough exams to become a trainee instructor.

I started working on the franchise and things were going well. The prices were set at around 48usd per hour. The franchise fee was your first 15 hours, which accumulated to about 750usd per week, every week no matter what. I even had to supply my own petrol, so it worked out that I had to work 22 hours before I would even start to make a profit.

This went fine for a few months, until the work dried up, I hadn't completely finished paying off the debts I accumulated while training.

For 10 weeks I was promised it would pick up while only doing around 7 or 8 hours worth of lessons a week. So for 10 weeks I went to work with hope while paying to be there, giving driving lessons just to cover my costs.

Gradually i sank, i lost my house, i lost everything apart from my family luckily.

With this it came to the situation where, if I didn't clear these debts off I would never be able to buy or rent a property, I could only do it privately with scumbag landlords.

The only way for me to fix this problem that I have caused for my family is for me to grow and get as much money as possible in the short time i'm at this residence where i am able to grow to clear off all my debts so that I can get back to real life.

I've always been a toker since the age of 15, i've been pretty heavy, i've paid as much as 140$ a week religiously to keep that habit alive.

Whats wrong with wanting to get a bit of that money back from the weed that has cost me so much in my life.

So, I know one guy, one guy, who will take any amount for cash, i only see this guy.

I don't get owed money, i get paid there and then and the money just goes straight into the debt pile.

I know the risks I run and if this fails I lose my family, i've already lost everything else so I gotta go with it and live with it every day.

So before you start putting shadows over us, don't be so stereotypical.

Some more narrow minded thoughts.
Don't think so
Your stereotyping things like the government does.
Not at all, all I am saying is that in "most" cases with large scale production, somebody is getting hurt somewhere along the line. The government is correct. Because they have made it illegal they have caused the problem.
[They say everyone that smokes weed is bad or whatever, your just passing that on to people who grow for profit.
No ... just the large scale criminals who use violence. I wasn't talking to you when I replied to this thread. I was talking to the author. Here is a guy that is getting into growing for profit. Knows nothing about it, knows nobody. Who is he going to go to sell his weed ? You may be growing for profit and not be involved in violence but how long has it taken you to build these safe contacts, years probaly.
None of what you just said applies to me.
As I said above I wasn't talking directly to you, but giving advice to the "newbie" who wants to go "big time". You're honestly going to tell him to go for it ?

I've always been a toker since the age of 15, i've been pretty heavy, i've paid as much as 140$ a week religiously to keep that habit alive.
Two wrongs, don't make a right...
Everyones situation is different, unique to the individual. You keep useing the "sterotype" term. THAT is an issue that we would like to do away with. Big commercial grows, only serve to "support" that stereotyping, not relieve it.. IMO.

Keep it nice n polite in here. thx.
:48:

Runbyhemp said:
Don't think so

Not at all, all I am saying is that in "most" cases with large scale production, somebody is getting hurt somewhere along the line. The government is correct. Because they have made it illegal they have caused the problem.

No ... just the large scale criminals who use violence. I wasn't talking to you when I replied to this thread. I was talking to the author. Here is a guy that is getting into growing for profit. Knows nothing about it, knows nobody. Who is he going to go to sell his weed ? You may be growing for profit and not be involved in violence but how long has it taken you to build these safe contacts, years probaly.

As I said above I wasn't talking directly to you, but giving advice to the "newbie" who wants to go "big time". You're honestly going to tell him to go for it ?

It's not my job to be someones dad, the dude got 500 acres of land so he's clearly not 16, so I would say he was a big enough boy to look out for himself.

If the dude wants to go through with it, i'm not going to press him for details on who he's going to sell it to or whatever, thats not my business.

If he wants to do it, then yeah, sure,

It will either fail or succeed, if it succeeds great, if not, then its down to bad planning and doing it the wrong way and he should have got more educated before getting involved, so his own fault, its not my job to police people and make sure their ethics are good.

He just said I wanna grow 100+ plants cus I have a lot of land can someone please tell me what i'll be getting myself into, I don't even remember him saying he was going to sell to be honest and not in the way your pressuming he will.

For an outdoor grower, you get one session per year, thats it, if you don't take it indoors what you grow has to last you a year.

So yes your being stereotypical and instantly judging this guy instead of just giving him facts and asking him any questions you feel needed to be answer to satisfy you about the way he would be growing and possibly selling, we don't know on that part.

I've been on loads of mj sites, and a theme is always constant, people hate the way everyone is set against pot smokers/growers, that they tarnish us all with the same brush when all we doing is sitting at home having a toke not hurting anyone.

To come to a site where people are doing this to their own without asking questions is amazing.

Ok so here it is.

I don't completely believe that everyone out there on a med license is faking it, and that it does cure their pains without the negative side effects.

So, I'll do a deal with you and anyone of you medical growers on this page,

I will not automatically judge, because I don't anyway that you are faking it, I don't even go into details for if or why you have a card.

So do us the same respect and agree that not everyone who grows for profit is gonig to be breaking legs so lets just think about the growing.

If someone has 1 lst plant in a pc case or 500 in a house or whatever, we all have something to add about the growing of the plants and thats what matters. The other opinions just make it ugly.

lowrydergrower775 said:
nice views pointed out everywhere but i think its a bit naive to say that no one uses medical marijuana for pain at all lol. I know many user who pretty much if they don't use it they don't eat. So i see there are many mixed feelings on the topic but to say everybody just jumped on a band wagon to get stoned with less hassle lol very naive to say that in my opinion.

No more naive than thinking everyone who grows for profit is going to be breaking legs to get his money back.

I was just making a point on how it feels to be on the end of some stereotyping.

people who grow to SELL to med patients make me puke

anyone who sells to a cancer patient with little time left on earth is nothing but a low down thug in my book....

where's the compassion for your fellow man?

HGB said:
people who grow to SELL to med patients make me puke

anyone who sells to a cancer patient with little time left on earth is nothing but a low down thug in my book....

where's the compassion for your fellow man?

I was just at a forum where a guy from cali had a med license his limit was 3 lbs in any form, last year he grew 20lbs in his garden, he planned to sell it all to med patients.

When the time came he could only get 2k a pound because of the market being flooded, he wanted 4k a pound so he didn't sell any, he put it in jars and buried it in his garden until a time where it would be worth more.

Heres your compasion bro, comes free with every med script.

Runbyhemp said:
I hope it goes mouldy.
..or an earthquake gets it! :p
but that is exactly the scenario that I spoke about earlier. "going beyond the legal parimiters".. under the guise of medical supply..
a "flooded" market is good!... who does that guy think he is.. OPEC?..LOL

Not sure if this will all go in one post or not so in a minute hick i may ask you to merge them.

A Historical timeline of cannabis

900 - 1000
Scholars debate the pros and cons of eating hashish. Use spreads throughout Arabia.

1090 - 1256
In Khorasan, Persia, Hasan ibn al-Sabbah, the Old Man of the Mountain, recruits followers to commit assassinations...legends develop around their supposed use of hashish. These legends are some of the earliest written tales of the discovery of the inebriating powers of Cannabis and the supposed use of Hashish.

Early 12th Century
Hashish smoking very popular throughout the Middle East.

12th Century
Cannabis is introduced in Egypt during the reign of the Ayyubid dynasty on the occasion of the flooding of Egypt by mystic devotees coming from Syria. (M.K. Hussein 1957 - Soueif 1972)

1155 - 1221
Persian legend of the Sufi master Sheik Haidar's of Khorasan's personal discovery of Cannabis and it's subsequent spread to Iraq, Bahrain, Egypt and Syria. Another of the ealiest written narratives of the use of Cannabis as an inebriant.

13th Century
The oldest monograph on hashish, Zahr al-'arish fi tahrim al-hashish, was written. It has since been lost.

13th Century
Ibn al-Baytar of Spain provides a description of psychaoctive Cannabis.

13th Century
Arab traders bring Cannabis to the Mozambique coast of Africa.

Hashish introduced to Iraq in the reign of Caliph Mustansir (Rosenthal 1971)

1271 - 1295
Journeys of Marco Polo in which he gives second-hand reports of the story of Hasan ibn al-Sabbah and his "assassins" using hashish. First time reports of Cannabis have been brought to the attention of Europe.

Ottoman Emir Soudoun Scheikhouni issues one of the first edicts against the eating of hashish.

Babur Nama, first emperor and founder of Mughal Empire learned of hashish in Afghanistan.

Angolan slaves brought cannabis with them to the sugar plantations of northeastern Brazil. They were permitted to plant their cannabis between rows of cane, and to smoke it between harvests.

mid 16th Century
The epic poem, Benk u Bode, by the poet Mohammed Ebn Soleiman Foruli of Baghdad, deals allegorically with a dialectical battle between wine and hashish.

17th Century
Use of hashish, alcohol, and opium spreads among the population of occupied Constantinople.

1606-1632
French and British cultivate Cannabis for hemp at their colonies in Port Royal (1606), Virginia (1611), and Plymouth (1632).

Late 17th Century
Hashish becomes a major trade item between Central Asia and South Asia.

Napoleon discovers that much of the Egyptian lower class habitually uses hashish (Kimmens 1977). He declares a total prohibition. Soldiers returning to France bring the tradition with them.

19th Century
Hashish production expands from Russian Turkestan into Yarkand in Chinese Turkestan.

Antoine Sylvestre de Sacy, a leading Arabist, reveals the etymology of the words "assassin" and "hashishin".

In America, medicinal preparations with a Cannabis base are available. Hashish available in Persian pharmacies.

Le Club des Hachichins, or Hashish Eater's Club, established in Paris.

c.1850
Hashish appears in Greece.

British tax ganja and charas trade in India.

1870 - 1880
First reports of hashish smoking on Greek mainland.

c. 1875
Cultivation for hashish introduced to Greece.

Kerr reports on Indian ganja and charas trade.

Greek Department of Interior prohibits importance, cultivation and use of hashish.

Hashish made illegal in Turkey.

1893 - 1894
The India Hemp Drugs Commission Report is issued.

1893 - 1894
70,000 to 80,000 kg of hashish legally imported into India from Central Asia each year.

Pure Food and Drug Act is passed, regulating the labelling of products containing Alcohol, Opiates, Cocaine, and Cannabis, among others. The law went into effect Jan 1, 1907.

Early 20th Century
Hashish smoking very popular throughout the Middle East.

1915 - 1927
Cannabis begins to be prohibited for nonmedical use in the U.S., especially in SW states.

Metaxus dictators in Greece crack down on hashish smoking.

1920s
Hashish smuggled into Egypt from Greece, Syria, Lebanon, Turkey, and Central Asia.

Lebanese hashish production peaks after World War I until prohibited in 1926.

Recrational use of Cannabis is banned in Britain.

1920s - 1930s
High-quality hashish produced in Turkey near Greek border.

Yarkand region of Chinese Turkestan exports 91,471 kg of hashish legally into the Northwest Frontier and Punjab regions of India.

1930s
Legal taxed imports of hashish continue into India from Central Asia.

1934 - 1935
Chinese government moves to end all Cannabis cultivation in Yarkand and charas traffic from Yarkand. Both licit and illicit hashish production become illegal in Chinese Turkestan.

Propaganda film "Reefer Madness" made to scare American youth away from using Cannabis.

Cannabis made federally illegal in the U.S. with the passage of the Marihuana Tax Act.

Supply of hashish from chinese Turkestan nearly ceases.

1940s
Greek hashish smoking tradition fades.

Indian government considers cultivation in Kashmir to fill void of hashish from Chinese Turkestan.

1941 - 1942
Hand-rubbed charas from Nepal is choicest hashish in India during World War II.

Legal hashish consumption continues in India.

1945 - 1955
Hashish use in Greece flourishes again.

1950s
Hashish still smuggled into India from Chinese Central Asia.

1950s
Moroccan government tacitly allows kif cultivation in Rif Mountains.

First hashish made in Morocco.

Turkish police seize 2.5 tons of hashish.

First reports of C. afghanica use for hashish production in northern Afghanistan.

Mustafa comes to Ketama in Morocco to make hashish from local kif.

The Moroccan government attempts to purge kif growers from Rif Mountains.

England win the World Cup.

"Smash", the first hashish oil appears. Red Lebanese reaches California.

Late 1960s - Early 1970s
The Brotherhood popularizes Afghani hashish.

1970 - 1973
Huge fields of Cannabis cultivated for hashish production in Afghanistan. Last years that truly great afghani hashish is available.

The Nixon-appointed Shafer Commission urged use of cannabis be re-legalized, but their recommendation was ignored. Medical research continues.

Early 1970s
Lebanese red and blonde hashish of very high-quality exported. The highest quality Turkish hashish from Gaziantep near Syria appears in western Europe.

Early 1970s
Afghani hashish varieties introduced to North America for sinsemilla production. Westerners bring metal sieve cloths to Afghanistan. Law enforcement efforts against hashish begin in Afghanistan.

Nepal bans the Cannabis shops and charas (hand-rolled hash) export.

Afghan government makes hashish production and sales illegal. Afghani harvest is pitifully small.

FDA establishes Compassionate Use program for medical marijuana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back