First time grower with red stems/yellow/spotting leaves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
growgreen420 said:
I was thinking rockwool with an humidity dome?

Many experts rave about Rockwool. It must be good, but I'm going to stay with RapidRooter plugs -- I get near 100% success with them. I have tried Rockwool, but I don't even like the feel of the stuff -- just me...

Peace

Yeah I think I am going to try rockwool.

Also I think I am going to go into flowering in a week.

I will have some updated pictures up this weekend. I promise lol

I also prefer rapid rooters. If you use rockwool, make sure you pre-soak the cubes in water pH'd to about 5.5.

What about this for clones?

hxxp://www.midwesthydroponics.com/seed-starting/starter-cubes-soils/rockwool-seed-starter-kit.html

There are some very healthy "branches" near the bottom of the plant. Can I take these and clone these? They are in super good health and want to clone them lol.

growgreen420 said:
There are some very healthy "branches" near the bottom of the plant. Can I take these and clone these? l.

Yup..Bottom cuttings clone just fine.
Good luck.

Please help ID the sex of this plant!!!! I have 10 plants, 3 confirmed females and not sure about the rest. I need to get rid of some plants to make room for the growth please look at the pic. My guess it is a male!? I have about an hour until I get rid of all the male plants so I need to make sure they are indeed males before I get rid of them.

DSC00761.JPG

Is that your best example? That one is a bit tricky. I am thinking male but I wouldn't swear to it. I would say to let it stay but keep a close eye for another 5-8days and it should tell better which way it swings. If the others have shown well enough to tell then this should tell well before it becomes a danger. On the chance that I have another female, I am willing to feed one for another week to be sure. :)

I'm thinking it is looking boyish, too. However it is a little early to tell. I would give it several days as Hushpuppy mentioned.

It's just a little strange, at least I think, that the 3 confirmed females have been showing for nearly 3 weeks now and these other ones aren't yet....

growgreen420 said:
Thanks. How far along is your grow silver bullet?

I'm going good I've been away with a hard drive failure on my computer. I'm having some problems with my plants I just updated my thread.

HemperFi said:
Many experts rave about Rockwool. It must be good, but I'm going to stay with RapidRooter plugs -- I get near 100% success with them. I have tried Rockwool, but I don't even like the feel of the stuff -- just me...

Peace

I agree re: Rockwool. They were the two that didn't make it during my experiment.
I did four methods and compared them all. Coco Cups work well if you don't already have a dome - because you don't need to buy one.
Coco pucks had second best success rate.
Now that they are 3 weeks old you can't really tell any difference.
So go with what works for you.

Here is the thread (should be a sticky IMHO)
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42786

You can use other medium- I used coco because I can't get un-nuted soil.
Also holds water well.
I also used a clear cup inside of solo cup (to keep roots from lights) so it was easy to see when the roots were out.

Also check my threads in propagation for pic's and results.

Well I just have no more room in the grow tent so I need to get rid of the boyish looking plants.... I have 3 females so I will focus on those now and get some clones going, as well.

I just really hope I am not throwing away females that haven't shown, yet :/.

Oh and a couple day ago one plants touched the t5 lights and fried a bunch of leaves. Will the affect anything? Will the plant still grow well?

Latest posts

Back