First time outside...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iamtd

Growing Wild
Reaction score
Hey guys and girls.

I moved two of my plants outside a couple of weeks ago cause i ran out of room. I have just managed to find time to put them in the ground today. I leveled out the bed and aerated the soil with some potting mix. Put them in the ground and covered it with mulch. Thanks to a friend who borrow some supplies from a nursery a few years back. I had some irrigation stuff laying around, including an orbit water timer.

I'm watering for 15 minutes every second day. Is that about right. I also bought some insecticide because I have legions of grass hoppers attacking them. If you outdoor growers could let me know how to keep them alive till winter. I would kindly appreciate it.

td

The third pic shows how close it is to the neighbors. *YIKES* :hubba:

RIMG0412.JPG

RIMG0413.JPG

RIMG0414.JPG

Why risk it if you obviously have more plants? I think growing outside in your backyard is not the smartest course of action and the risk you have taken upon yourself far outweighs the rewards.

I hope everything works out well for you in the end.

Hello Iamtd :)

From the look of your fence you dont need to water at all.

You have a sat dom and in 2 months it will be above your fence height.

What is the weather like in your part of the world?

Daylight hours and average temperature?

:peace:

My best friend used to grow behind a privacy fence. He lived a couple hrs away from me, and I came down to visit one late summer day and saw the tops above his fence from a mile away...luckily he lived in a rural area. I gave him all sorts of hell about it, and then helped him bend all them girls over and stake them down....Hippy is right, you better start implementing some LST tactics soon!

Hey LF. Yeah already on it. I'm going to tie it down this weekend. I'm also getting some on that green shade cloth along the fence. The closest neighbors are abot 30 meters away and there are low shrubs on the other side of the fence. I'm confident that it will go unnoticed.

They seem to be loving the schedule at the mommen. I'm gong to start watering with nut. Once a week.

HippyInEngland said:
Hello Iamtd :)

From the look of your fence you dont need to water at all.

You have a sat dom and in 2 months it will be above your fence height.

What is the weather like in your part of the world?

Daylight hours and average temperature?

:peace:

Hey HIE

It's smack bang in the middle of Sumer at the momment. Sub-tropical. Temps are around 22c to 33c at the moment. Day light hours about 5:15am - 6:45pm maybe. So 13.5 hours.

Cheers.

Southern hemisphere! Those are pretty close to the weather in Melbourne right now. Even closer to Sydney.

Hrmm. Your probably right there leafminer. :)

Latest posts

Back