first tme with 600w

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robbiegy2k

Reaction score
'sup ppl

Just wanted to get an idea of the light penetration of a 600w HPS. I have plenty of wattage per foot so looking to do some untopped/un-LST'd single cola mamma's as height and plant numbers isn't a problem either. When I used a 400w before I learnt (the hard way) that if I grew them over 36" it was a waste due to the near 2ft of stems of micro buds on lower 2 thirds of plant! So I learnt to grow shorter, top/bud heavy plants.

Now I have a handful of 600w hps bulbs I was just wondering what the general concensus was amongst the community for how far through the canopy this bulb will reach? (with good effect) Im using 2 gallon pots and gonna supercrop to keep the height down but want an idea of what end height I wanna aim for.

txs all

I grow with a 600w HPS and I also grow in 2gal pots, what I do is start to flower my C99 at 12-16 inches and they triple in size and finish at 36" to 42" and I get nice tight buds even at the bottoms! I believe theres a light penetration chart floating around somewhere on this site I just can't remember where? I think I smoke to much!LOL

Phatpharmer

'ello there again phatpharmer - thanks mate. I guessed there would be and had a look under the resources section but gave up after half a zoot! lol I know what you mean about smoking too much!

Nice to hear we have similar setups and thanks again for your advice which'll save me a test grow. Yeah that was my main problem with my first few grows, not tight enough buds except the main colas.

Im hoping to start up in a few weeks but still prep'ing a few bits, a mate is getting me some sweet bluecheese clones so im sure you'll hear from me again in the future and how I get on.

cya's

Hi there Rob, if you look in the Coffee Table section under the thread CCC (Canadian Cultivators Club) you'll see some pics of my setup! Its good to hear you plan before conquest it makes for much better results!

Phatpharmer

Latest posts

Back