first try at producing seed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ravishing_68

Reaction score
Hey all... I just started growing and stupidly put all my NLxBB seeds to plants. So I thought I would like to make some seed with them. I sprouted a DBxSk#1 which turned out male, and a proud male he is... so I had a flowering NLxBB clone, put the two together, gave them both some bed action (shaking) and we will see what happens. If all goes well and I get some seed, I will put the last of my NLxBB clones in to flower and then set it all away until Fall. Electricity in the summer is toooo expensive. :peace:

I have no clue what I am doing...silly me to do something and then start reading on it, but I will take any advice at this time. When to pull the male, how to watch for seed, etc..

040307k.jpg

040307n.jpg

040307g.jpg

040307i.jpg

040307j.jpg

Bro, I love that you are making your own gear it's a great way to save some cash! I hate to be critical and I don't know hydro that well but those plants look like they are dying lol I dunno man they look beat up! But I bet you get viable seed, which is the point right! Keep it up and be safe, 55

I would venture to say that you can remove your male now

One wee pollen plus one pistil equals one seed....you leave that male there and you will end up with a fully seeded plant ;)

You now must keep track of when you pollinated and the plant MUST go for about another 4 weeks minimum for the seed to fully grow and mature to being viable

for future usage you can easily collect your pollen and store it in the fridge in a covered container (preferably NOT a clear container) for up to 4 months...

the hubby and i have pollen that was collected over 4 months ago and is still viable and has produced seeds very recently

use the "paintbrush" method to spread pollen in future projects

good luck and i hope to see a nice bounty of seeds in a few months :D

PollenCollectionInstructions

You are right, there is actually three plants in there the one in the middle dead...the female ok, the male having a hay day... I just wanted to make seed of the plant so if later I want to grow it I have some seed from it. Won't start another grow until fall...summers so busy.

Thank you very much ldy lunatic... it was a spur of the moment thing to try... I appriciate all advise. The storing of the pollen is fantastic plan, That is what I will do to it. Thanks! :peace:

I find it depends on the male...but it took me a few times to realize this.

I have a GBxAD stud (thanks you know who :) ) that can seed an entire girl with a tiny bump.:eek: ...gonna have to look at his progeny but I would say he is a keeper.

Others have taken more than a few days dropping to make 'good viable pollen'....which is why I personally do not collect it.

But not everyone can have unruly males around...so I guess it takes a little experimentation.

If the pollenation is especially important, I wouldn't cull the male till you see pistillate change.

Instead of collecting pollen, if I want a fem partially pollenated, I will let him get her early :)o )...less pistils to impregnate, less seeds in harvest. I find the buds themselves to be great safe storage too, as early pistils pollenated will be well buried seeds at the stem.

Two cents

"you have given out too much reputation in the last 24hours" :**: GAWD...i hate seeing that screen when i really really really wanna just give out some rep man :D

EMan....yeah you remembered to say all the things i forgot due to one blunt too many :smoke1:

We have always pollinated early (less pistils ready for pollination) and don't put our lady back with the other gal pals until we see the dying pistils

Nice to hear you got a pollen spewing beast on your hands EMan :cool:

Latest posts

Back