Fishing!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
city said:
I think of learning to fly fish like a gay man being anally raped in Chino prison.
first hundred times isnt any fun till you get better.but after that you start to like it.
sorry i had too.

:spit: :rofl:

city said:
remember 10 and 12 for your casts. then 9 for your final cast.
I tried 3 for my final once and only caught my own azz. Nothing is worse than a fly up your own azz. Walking around with a Trout hanging out of your butt just isn't cool. hehe

speaking of this. i have been trying to teach my wife how to fly fish,since i go to alot of places thats catch and release single barbless hooks. she usses conventional stuff so she cant fish there.
i think that this may lead to devorce.
i dont understand a person that doesnt understand why they arent getting how to do something without practicing.
im not saying that im really good at this or anything but i offer to take her out to the open park a 100' from the house to practice and she wont do it. then doesnt understand why i dont take her out to any of the good holes. damn how have to know how to cast into them and do a proper float to catch fish!!!!!
not just froth the water with a fly rod and hope..
ok. my fustration is out

My dad used to take us kids to a park just to learn how to cast. I remember him doing it with my daughter too. There was a putting green in the park and he always brought a putter too. As soon as casting practice was over, I headed to the playground. Hadnt thot of that in years, thanks city.
I remember once when dad was fishing fly's on Manzanita lake, late in the evening, he caught a bat! I can still see the bat flying against the purple sky on the end of his line. Is funny, I cant remember how he got that bad bat off his line. I inherited a fly pole from him, tho I cant see me taking it up, gonna offer it to the daughter. To much cast cast cast for my poor wrists. Bass fishing casting gitzit's all day warents a lot of smoke to ease that pain or a little white pill does the trick too.

City, you know you can wet fly fish with a spinning reel, I have done that a bunch, especially off bridges on dirt roads. You get some really cute little trout that way. Catch and release of course.

tcbud said:
I remember once when dad was fishing fly's on Manzanita lake, late in the evening, he caught a bat! I can still see the bat flying against the purple sky on the end of his line. Is funny, I cant remember how he got that bad bat off his line.

Hand on heart no ** i caught a king fisher once when float fishing a gentle stream with maggots.
I just flicked it accross to far bank and sudenly the line was flying off up stream, the little buger had shot out from the bank and grabed it in mid air.
The look on my face must of being a peach cos i didnt know what the hell was going on till i seen the little buger lol

i caught a malard duck.. was fishing of this bank with a pheasant tail. damn duck shot across the water and ate it.. faught to get close to the duck for 20 min. thank god it finally popped out of the bill. i felt so bad....

Caught my first fish of the year this morning that didn't come through the ice.
Can't wait to get the boat in the water and start hunting hogs!

Tree bass lol yeah done that a few times.

Hooked a duck twice once at local carp pond but that was common thing for em cos they'd always go for floating bread, seen loads of people do it and the damn ducks never learned lol, the other time was fishing a big carp lake with hair rigged 21mm halibut pellets in about 10ft of water,
Buzzer shot off, i shot up, struck into what i thought was a huge carp and ended up dragging a duck accross the water lol.
Oops. Bet the little sod didnt go for halibuts again lol

No tcbud, hogs do not equal bass.....
Hogs equal big bass!
I envy you your longer season- mine hasn't yet started. Was planning on putting the boat in the water today, just to run it, but the weatherman screwed up- it's much cooler than they predicted. Oh well, yard work day.

Hogs = Lunkers
lol
Usually keep the boat on Shasta for Dec - March, not this year or last, the water has been too low. But the lake near me, that is the lake for big bass, State Record came out of it that stood (since the seventies) till just a year or so ago.....Small Mouth 9lb 4 oz I think it was, I get 3-5 lb Smallmouth bass all the time there, but have to catch 50 little ones to nail that big one or five. Lots of casting. That lake is not good in the winter tho, not for us anyway, some say it is good, never had much luck on it in winter. Is way cold too, compared to Shasta. Colder weather is heading your way, we got a real cold snap yesterday/today, with some snow.
Good luck in the yard.....

This was the first fish I got from the shore at Kellsy Creek on Clear Lake. Fishing from shore with a blue rubber worm. I even tried crappie fishing and got a ten incher! BB, does it rate as a lunker at twenty inches? I think it was about five pounds. The rest were over 14 inches, we got fish every day we were there. We also went back for a few more days, we enjoyed it so much.

in edit, I forgot to mention...
this bass was the only one who lost it's life to me, tho I caught a bunch. A nice Asian couple took him home and ate him.

turkey 2.JPG

Well went to the Owyhee today. Got totally skunked!
Not a single bite. They are letting the water out of the damn... cold cold cold

city said:
Well went to the Owyhee today. Got totally skunked!
Not a single bite. They are letting the water out of the damn... cold cold cold

DAMN WHAT?;)

tcbud said:
This was the first fish I got from the shore at Kellsy Creek on Clear Lake. Fishing from shore with a blue rubber worm. I even tried crappie fishing and got a ten incher! BB, does it rate as a lunker at twenty inches? I think it was about five pounds. The rest were over 14 inches, we got fish every day we were there. We also went back for a few more days, we enjoyed it so much.

in edit, I forgot to mention...
this bass was the only one who lost it's life to me, tho I caught a bunch. A nice Asian couple took him home and ate him.

Qualifies in my book TC- any fish over 4 lbs is a wonderful fish, especially where I'm from. Nice job!
Got the boat in the water yesterday finally- caught 2 and my buddy got 3. He caught the biggest, probably about 3 lbs. All on hair jigs except 1 on a watermelon senko.

My hubby doesn't like the smell of cooking fish either, but he loves to eat it. I grill most my fish outside. Bass is my favorite! I've had my tackle box set up since the first of March. It's always in my hubby's bed box. All I gotta do is hook up the boat trailer!!

my boat is ready to go. i cant wait. i got e\verything all ready to go, cant wait i might shoot out this week to do some early boating

BBFan said:
Qualifies in my book TC- any fish over 4 lbs is a wonderful fish, especially where I'm from. Nice job!
Got the boat in the water yesterday finally- caught 2 and my buddy got 3. He caught the biggest, probably about 3 lbs. All on hair jigs except 1 on a watermelon senko.

Hair Jig? is that like the little hook with eyes on it, then an eye to put the line into with hair commin off the back of the hook? I do tube bait mostly in the summer, and rubber worms in winter. Got to catch fifty little fish to get that one over 3 lbs on my lake. BUT....the big one is out there.....just a cast away :D :cool: .

Latest posts

Back