fishook curling twisting leaves,

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrayedKnott

Reaction score
I'm growing two strians, white widow and satori. One type is growing fine the other doesn't look very good. I believe the problem strain is the white widow, I may be wrong, they could have gotten mixed up during a brain fart session.

I'm growing in Promix soil, using fox farms regiment, 600w hps, 6 weeks 12/12 flowering, 5 gal pots, temps 74/68f, 26 in tall.

I've been using half dose of nutes consisting of 1/2 tbl/gal big bloom, tsp/gal tiger bloom, 1/4 tsp/gal beastie bloomz, and a 1/2 tbl/gal blackstrap molases each watering which is once a week. Every other week I've been adding 1/2 tbl Epson salt for magniesum last 4 weeks. The run off water measured 6.9ph yesterday.

The 1st set of photos are of the problem children that I think are WW. The last 3 are Satori (maybe) using same regiment of nutes

PDRM0504.JPG

PDRM0505.JPG

PDRM0506.JPG

PDRM0508.JPG

PDRM0511.JPG

PDRM0514.JPG

PDRM0512.JPG

PDRM0510.JPG

PDRM0507.JPG

pH sounds a little high. Maybe this girl likes it acidic?

I agree on the pH for soil. I like mine at 6.5, 6.8 is max, and 7 will start locking things out.

Also I have never grown the WW but from watching people here, and the grow journals, I believe that the WW is very sensetive to nutes...

You don't have any light getting into those plants during lights out do you? The one almost looks like it is trying to re-veg...but it is probably a pH thing. Try takeing your pH down to like 6.3 with your next feeding.

those are some pretty shiny plants, did you spray them down before the pics? i seem to remember reading something about shiny leaves and hooked leaves hmmmmm... i will get back to you about it but i agree with these fine people first that getting the ph dialed in is in your best interest and then go from there. good luck. happy growing.

The plants pictured above on the top row, that plant looks like its revegging to me, thats why your getting twisted and strange leaves. revegging meaning it was in flower and now its going back into veg.

MindzEye said:
The plants pictured above on the top row, that plant looks like its revegging to me, thats why your getting twisted and strange leaves. revegging meaning it was in flower and now its going back into veg.

I thought the same thing...thats why I asked about light leaks above.

Thanks all for stopping by and helping with my problem. I figured it probably might be a ph problem. I'll try to get that dialed in with the next waterings.

As far as light leaks, there are none, both plant types are in the same wooden box. I have a web cam in there to view from my computer, when the lights go out it is totally dark.

I just bought a Hanna Instrument digital PH meter, I'll be sure to get the ph prob corrected.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back