Flood and Drain AKA Ebb and Flow Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unseenghost

Reaction score
If you did or do as I did by putting 4 seedlings in one Ebb and Flow tray. How does one go about removing a male without damaging the remaining plants? Particulary the root systems.

How does one go about removing a male without damaging the remaining plants?]

With difficulty ... that's why you shouldn't put more than 1 plant in each chamber. My advice would be to just cut the stalk and forget about the roots.

Oh I get why now unless all were clones but now the problem. What about the roots if I let them stay won't they decay?

Yes, the roots will decay. Just like in nature. I personally have done this many times with no problem so far. Even with clones sometimes you have to remove a plant. I use 5" net pots filled with rock in my flood table. The roots grow out and are exposed but they get shaded by the plants and I have no problems with it. I like to use the net cups because I can move the plants around the table as I add and remove plants. I harvest a few plants every week and add more. I try to keep my plants small so I can harvest an ounce or so every two weeks from a 3x3 table.

okay that makes me feel better about it. If I had a choice I would have seperate chambers for clones. As it stands I have only one chamber thus the seed to harvest system. But so far I like hydro so much better than soil. I already am in the 1st week of flower cause they were preflowering already. Atleast 1.5 to 2 weeks earlier then my soil grows. So if I have to leave the roots behind till the others finish then atleast someone has done it before. Thanks

Latest posts

Back