flowering questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom O'Bedlam

Reaction score
2 days into flower, 3 ladies. Finally killed the boys...good riddance. Northern lights about 6 weeks after germ.
1). My book says I should flush the pots, which I did during the last (and every) transplant. Should I do it again, and how much is enough?
2). book also says to "mist" the leaves. Necessary? Why? Do I mist with straight tap water?
3). Is it normal for some lower leaves to shrivel up and die?
4). Humidity is about 70% and I'll have to get a dehumidifier to knock it down. Is 50% or so about right?

thanks all...never would have made it this far w/o MP.com!!:D

P7230002.JPG

For number 3 yes it is normal for the bottom leaves to die off. When they start to die or turn brown i cut them off. Durring flowering i try to keep my humidity around 45% 50%. Keep us posted, and good luck!! :cool:

sorry i didn't see the pic. looks good! :woohoo:

That looks like iron deficiency to me.

Have you checked your PH level?

Iron being locked out by PH troubles

Over watering, pests nematodes, not enough drainage, like not enough perlite. High ph, Soils with low iron, High Phosphorus, Excess Zinc, manganese or copper.

Soil

Iron gets locked out of soil growing at ph levels of 2.0-3.5
Iron is absorbed best in soil at a ph level of 4.0-6.5 anything out of the ranges listed will contribute to an Iron Deficiency.

Hydro and Soil less Mediums

Iron gets locked out of Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 2.0-3.5
Iron is absorbed best in Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 4.0- 6.0
Best range for hydro and soil less mediums is 5.0 to 6.0. Anything out of the ranges listed will contribute to an iron deficiency.

Solution to fixing a Iron deficiency
Any Chemical/Organic nutrients that have potassium in them will fix a Iron deficiency. (Only mixing at ½ strength when using chemical nutrients, or it will cause nutrient burn!) Foliar feed with chemical fertilizer containing Fe or rusty water can work well. Other supplements that have Iron in them are: Iron chelates, Ferric oxide, Ferrous oxide, Ferrous sulfate, all of these are fast absorption. Greensand, Cottonseed Meal is slow absorption, Garden Manure, which is medium absorption. Manure is most common organic iron source to use

iron def.jpg

rb2006 said:
For number 3 yes it is normal for the bottom leaves to die off. When they start to die or turn brown i cut them off. Durring flowering i try to keep my humidity around 45% 50%. Keep us posted, and good luck!! :cool:

Its not normal for 2 days into flowering.
I try to keep my humidity as low as possible (around 30%) during flowering.

I dont think its normal for the lower leaves to start yellowing this early into bloom ......Might want to look into that...

thanks everyone...the lower leaves aren't just starting to go since flowering, they've been kinda withering for awhile now. THe plants were pretty crowded for some time (2 big males just got axed)- could that have contributed?

the pH has always read about 6.9., but that brings too mind another question- the instructions on my meter say to mix the soil to mud-like consistency before checking the reading. So I wait til a good watering time, then I check the pH. If I water with fertilizer solution will that screw up the reading?

Latest posts

Back