Flowering Time?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BonesBUD

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals hows it goin?

I've recently found this site and I got to say it's been very helpful with my first grow, couldn't have done it without ya!

Anyways, I've got a few questions.

I started my first outdoor grow this year, kinda got a late start(mid June). They plants are doin great, there are 3 of em, the tallest being about little over a foot with the other two just a few inches shorter.

My question is, While looking at a daylight graph of my area I noticed I dont recieve 12/12 until middle september. Is there going to be enough time for my plants to flower before it gets to cold outside for them to live? It seems to get fairly cold around here in late Oct. Or will they show sex and start to flower earlier than mid SEPt.

Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated!

As soon as the summer solstice passed the flowering period was triggered. Being outdoor things move much much slower than indoors. Depending on strain you should start keeping an eye out end of sept. if its a sativa dominant strain flowering could go on till end of Oct.
Patience is key from here on out. post a pic or two if you can. ;)

thanks mutt.

Will get pictures up in a bit.

I have the patience(i think). I just was worried about it becoming to cold for the plant to live outdoors that late in the season. And it looks to be sativa(long skinny leaves).

oh man, well if your in a northern climate of the states might pose a problem if winter comes early. but never give up hope. 12/12 only applies to indoor growing. outdoor is a different beast. I'll let Hick or one of the other OD growers chime in. I don't guerrilla anymore.

Like Mutt said they will start budding way before the daylight gets to 12/12. Mine usually finish up somewhere around that time. You will probably start to see buds start to develop within the next two weeks.

i grow in norther ontario,, i put my plants out june 4th every year,, but i make sure its usually a 3 month strain you should be good , in my oppinion

Thanks again guys. Im going to try and attach some pics, tell me what ya think!!

Latest posts

Back