Advertise On Marijuana Passion

flowering under 24/0?????? WHY!!!!

GreenDayGirl

"Ganja Chickie"
Reaction score
So why might my 3 week olds who are under 24/0 lights, start flowering???:mad: Its not to hot, not too cold etc... I'm ending up throwing little plants into flower just to save them. Smoke em up in one night. Its a waste of light!!! Help!!!

Mutt

Just a Dawg
Reaction score
What seeds did ya get? Are they a lowryder cross or something? Unless its showin pre-flowers early on. but never heard of a regular ole plant flowering under 24/0.

Dr.GreenThumb

*The Sinsemilla Sheik*
Reaction score
Mutt said:
What seeds did ya get? Are they a lowryder cross or something? Unless its showin pre-flowers early on. but never heard of a regular ole plant flowering under 24/0.
Weird, me either...:confused:

A

astra007

has to be a lowryder or a lowryder hybrid. no other explanation. some plant strains like ak-47 from serious will start flowering under 18/6 but never under 24/0. what kind of lights are you using?

Banana_Man

Reaction score
Dunno guys, it's wierd for sure, but hey, under 16 hours of light after 4 months I've seen plants go from seed to flower under 70W HPS - no change in lighting time from veg to bloom. The theory being that the light spectrum specifies to the plant "Time to flower and die".

Was it HPS by chance? A lessor orange/yellow like Incandescent?

GreenDayGirl

"Ganja Chickie"
Reaction score
well they were bagseed but if anyone remembers GDG's "Big Ball o' Bud" it was that strain. remember the "ball" chopping pictorial I did? Anyhow, I never could get them to stop so I just switched strains. I don't seem to be having any trouble at all with the White Rhino except that they get so big and fluffy and like to hog all the light. Thanks guys :)

GreenDayGirl

"Ganja Chickie"
Reaction score
Banana_Man said:
Dunno guys, it's wierd for sure, but hey, under 16 hours of light after 4 months I've seen plants go from seed to flower under 70W HPS - no change in lighting time from veg to bloom. The theory being that the light spectrum specifies to the plant "Time to flower and die".

Was it HPS by chance? A lessor orange/yellow like Incandescent?
Actually the first time it was a 400 hps, the second time it started again it was under a 175 mh althogh I did have a couple of floros in there as well. I'm kinda a "light freak" so now i just go 1000 hps/ 1000 mh to flower and 2 175 mh to veg. So far...all is well. (and frosty):D

H

HGB

plants can and will flower under 24/0

I have had a bubblegum go into full flower under 24/0 as well as blueberry....

doesnt happen often but it can... I did A GJ on a clone that did this a few years back as well as one on a bud that grew on a fan leaf :eek:

grow on

KADE

Aero Lord
Reaction score
If a plant gets root bound there is a good chance it'll go to flower... but like astra said 24/0 is kinda sketchy.... I've never seen that. My mother is definately root bound.. has been for months. Dunno!! give em more lumens of light for 24/h maybe.

Mutt

Just a Dawg
Reaction score
Bagseed...
Might got some Ruderalis pollen in the genetics or something. Esp. with a huge commercial OD op. Never know with that. Just a thought.

Latest posts