fluorescent lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of us would consider that an oxymoron...A HPS can be purchased for $100 or so. The difference in bud is substantial. I don't understand anyone who is spending the time, money, and taking the risk to grow, not using a HPS for flowering??????????

The Hemp Goddess said:
Some of us would consider that an oxymoron...A HPS can be purchased for $100 or so. The difference in bud is substantial. I don't understand anyone who is spending the time, money, and taking the risk to grow, not using a HPS for flowering??????????

Because

• HPS is hard to find, in some places IMPOSSIBLE to find
  • HPS produces a lot of heat where as fluorescent produces a little
  • HPS should be placed far away from plants, fluorescents can be placed as close as 2cm without any ill effects (I am doing that and I have yet to see an ill effect.)

ChatNoir said:
Because
  • HPS is hard to find, in some places IMPOSSIBLE to find
  • HPS produces a lot of heat where as fluorescent produces a little
  • HPS should be placed far away from plants, fluorescents can be placed as close as 2cm without any ill effects (I am doing that and I have yet to see an ill effect.)

HPS available hundreds, if not thousands of places online
When you get enough fluoros to be as sufficient, they produce a lot of heat
HPS produces a lot of bud where as fluorescents produce a little
I can keep my 1000W HPS within 3" of my plants (but they grow so fast I usually keep them 6" or so)

The Hemp Goddess said:

How do I grow on HPS when my grow room is only 70cm high?? I use fluroscents for Veg and flower... HPS can burn my house down...

nikimadritista said:
How do I grow on HPS when my grow room is only 70cm high?? I use fluroscents for Veg and flower... HPS can burn my house down...

Wow, like that is a pretty short space to grow...If you need to go fluoros, consider T5s. They have a very low profile and are high output bulbs. Do you LST?

What all bulbs would be available at your local small town wal-mart that can be used??? flower&veg

the best floro lights to flower with are the new ott-lights. i will post pics soon
the ott-light is a 40 watt 48" T12. they super rock for vegging and i'm flowering with them now.

Latest posts

Back