flush or not?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

alexb3210

hey everyone, so i have only one white widow left, and i really dont want to lose her...she is in veg, and is turning all of her oldest leaves yellow and getting spots...she is also curling her tips down..pretty sure she is nute burned, now my problem is she is in mg moisture control soil...so flushing would just feed it even more correct? i have a big bag of fox farms planting mix that i got after i learned of my miracle grow mistake...this is a decently big 2 month old plant that has been thru a lot of stress and is still staying strong and "feminine" with me through my first grow...i want to transplant to a 5 gallon bucket...how should i do so with my new soil? can anyone help me out?

get a good hold on and pull, make sure your new home is ready to go and plop her (?) in there it may be a bit of a transplant shock so give her a week or so to recover ( it has to be done when there is surgery) and youll be good to grow ;)

fill bucket with warm water.

take your plant and pull it out the container and shake
off aas much soil as you can in the bucket. gently.

you wont get all the soil off. but alot.. Then get a hose
with slow water pressure, rinse as much soil as you can.
CHOP half the remaining roots.

Replant into new soil. Done.

im no xpert....my mother is 5 months old and 4 feet tall. When i transplanted i
-filled new pot 1/2 full
-over watered mother
-tipped mother over and pounded the bottom of pot
-plopped mother in new pot and filled with soil
the first week or two i noticed yellowing leaves at the bottom of the plant, slowly moving up. I let them fall off on their own, mother is doin great.

MrPuffAlot, wouldn't shaking the soil off the rootball, etc., and then cutting half the roots hurt the plant? It does sound like a good idea,though. Actually, I almost forgot. I once inadvertently did the same thing (Excluding cutting the roots.) with a plant in a previous grow. I was transplanting way too early and all the soil fell off the roots, leaves bare dangling roots. I finished the transplant, and no harm came about because of it; However, I figured that I simply got lucky.

I suppose if the MG soil is really all that bad, then it'd be worth a try. Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I like your idea. As Alex said, watering would simply make more nutrients available at a time when they're not wanted. I mean, you risk shocking your plant, but unless you flush the soil with tons of water (Making a big mess?) you still have excess fertilizer that must be assimilated before the plant can get healthy again.

Well, thanks for the advice,

Alistair

Latest posts

Back