Flushing questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amateur Grower

Blending in...
Reaction score
I know this is elementary info and I'm probably going to get roasted by the senior members here for posting this, but I need to know EXACTLY how you guys flush. I'm growing in soil and have probably overfed with Fox Farm nutes and feel like I need to flush, but haven't been able to find any info on here on how to do it.

AG

i just block em up in the tub a little bit to allow a space for run off. and slowly pour water in them let until full let drain repeat until the run off isn't all yellow. till its pretty clear. About 1 gallon of water to 1 gallon of soil....if really bad up to 2 gallons of water per. Then just let soil dry out and then go back to normal feeding.

Well, if it doesn't go down the first time or it floats, you gotta flush a second time. Hehehe just jokin. You flush soil aggregates by watering to twice the capacity of the container its currently in and let drain.

Well, if it doesn't go down the first time or it floats, you gotta flush a second time

Now I am going to be thinking of this and laughing the rest of the day.

do you have any tips for hydro flushing?

Dubbaman said:
1 gal of potter to 3 gal of water p(g)x3(w)= flush ;) is how ive always done it. If you still have a turtle head after that go eat some taco bell :D

So Dubbaman, if I'm understanding you right, if I've got a 3 gal. grow bag I'd flush with 9 gallons of water?

AG

just run enough water threw each bag untill a real good amount comes out the bottom and you see most of the water start coming out clearish!

Yep, I was assuming that if you flush, the soil is going to be saturated, so I won't have to water again for quite a while!

Thanks for the info guys!

AG

So, DubbaMan, if i'm understanding you right, if I've still got a turtle head I should go eat some Taco Bell?

Man, I'm all over the floor laughing here. Never heard that term but my sick arse mind went right to it soon as I read it. Great. Sorry for the joke jacking.

Pencilhead, you're quoting lyrics from Tony Joe White's "Poke Salad Annie" and have never heard the term "turtle head poking out"? Shoot, for a minute there I thought you were a good ole' Southern boy like me! :D

AG

Amateur Grower said:
So Dubbaman, if I'm understanding you right, if I've got a 3 gal. grow bag I'd flush with 9 gallons of water?

AG

ye or use a 1:2 ratio as what i do but its easier for me i i just plonk em in the bath, take the shower head off and let it run with low preasure for a minute or 2.
(added) this would not be an ideal setup because of the chlorine in the tap water, ur best bet would be use water tahts been sitting out for 24hours (the chlorine evaporates) or rain water since that is high in nitrogen the plants will love it in veg.

I think that is correct example : flush a 1 gallon pot with 3 gals water.
But then I add a gallon of 1/2 strengh fertilizer- remember you have just
cleaned out the fridge-that girl will be hungry:)

Yall are funny! I knew what you meant when you said turtle head! lmao. Must be the country in me as well. lol.

AMATEUR GROWER--- I flush kinda like MUTT by putting my girls in the tub on a crate and add water that way. Ive also been know to flush um in the toilet when im running out of room in the tub. :D

Flush.JPG

Latest posts

Back