Flushing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssjric

Reaction score
When flushing my plants, is it ok to use Hydrogen peroxide. I normally use it in my water along with my nutrients, but when flushing is it still ok? Just more oxygen would be delivered to the roots....right?

you don't say if you mean in hydro or soil... safer to stick with water and avoid the bubbling caused when hydroperox hits something it likes to eat.

So just use plain r/o water without adding anything.

i am not a fan of r/o water at all. r/o water is SO demineralized it will eat out the inside of pipes. but a general rule of thumb for flushing soil is to rinse thru 1 gallon of water for every gallon of mix.

hope that helps some.

im jus a bit confused.. i have a plant about 8-9 weeks into veg and she is probably comin down in about a week to a week and a half.. im growin in soil and i read your rule of thumb but i havent flushed a plant b4.. so wut exactly do u do and wut is the purpose for it? thanks

As your plants age to roughly 1.5 months the roots start to become less effective in delivering nutrients to the plant. Also, you get salt build up from your nutrients that also effect the process your plants absorb food. Flushing them helps get rid of this salt build up.

I just did my final flush last night. IMO it helps speed up the process of getting the buds "ripe" It washes aout any excess nutes/salts build-up in the soil. It also forces the plant to use up whatever nutrient reserves it has stored within it's self. I run a gallon of water through, and let it soak for a good 15 min. This lets those salts/nutes dissolve and be able to be flushed. I then run copius amounts of water through it (I use my bathtub water) I flush the pots out a good 3 or 4 times, and then I took a gallon of pH adjusted water with a tbl spoon of black strap molasses in each gl. This was the final rinse. The plants should be finished in 7-10 days. There are many people here that don't think a flush is neccessary, but I'm one of the ones that do. The one time that I got my dates messed up and didn't get a flush in my friends did not even believe that it was the same weed as before...so it must do something to the taste. I also feel that if you are feeding chemical ferts, that it is a good idea to wash all that crap out to. To each their own!

Whats up ssjric? Theres a link below you might find interesting......in addition to the solid advice above.

ssjric said:
When flushing my plants, is it ok to use Hydrogen peroxide. I normally use it in my water along with my nutrients, but when flushing is it still ok? Just more oxygen would be delivered to the roots....right?
nop, your in soil, H2O2 is antiseptic so it would be annihilation for all useful bacteria in that soil, dont use that stuff with soil

jman, good articles. Makes me rethink my point of view on flushing my girls.

Latest posts

Back