Flushing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoldenMcGroin

Reaction score
Got a question on flushing.
How soon before harvest should I start flushing a batch and how frequently should I flush once I do?
Bud production is nice. Now I want to refine the tase & flavor. (Not that there's anything wrong with that!)

CuredByValentinesDay.jpg

you can flush them 2 weeks before you think they will be done, and then just straight water until theyre done.

But here is a thought.......lots of people dont flush and swear by it, somthin to think about, i have always flushed but im might try somthing different.

I believe there's a link in my signature to some flushing info if your interested. Thanks

i used to swear by not flushing but i'm gona flush again this time, however not for 2 weeks, it will be only for 1 week. i think flushing does improve the taste but decreases yield but its very controversial issue and it seems to never be conclusive :confused:

I truly have to say that I do not believe I have any difference in taste whether I flush or not. A good and cure period seems to make it all nice and smooth. I do not flush.

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize there was such a split of opinion. I was concerned about how the lack of nutes for that long would affect the trich development.
I mean, don't get me wrong, I love my smoke but I hear all this Hoo-ra about "...flushing out for that true, herb taste..." So I thought I'd check in here before giving it a shot.
Well, gonna go harvest a tub after which I'll re-connect the feed line on the next one due up to a clean water res for flushing. Then move another tub from veg the flower line.
Thanks again folks.

Flushing is just one of those things that diffrent folks have different oppinions.
I like to flush like 10 days out, mainly because that was the way I was taught...it helps the plant to finish out to me. I guess to me, it's the same process as planting a seed, just part of what I do. If you can try one flushed and try one without, see what you think...and make your choice.

Because of the debate on flushing in my last grow I used a large plant ( sour kush ) and I harvested the top half of the plant without flushing, then flushed and let the bottom half have 18 days before I harvested.. To tell you the truth the non flushed buds smell much better than the flushed buds.. The description for sour kush is a smell of lemon jet fuel, the non flushed buds had that exact smell...

Latest posts

Back