FORE!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations JT!

my dark horse almost pulled it off!

a classic tournament

Congratulations JT!

my dark horse almost pulled it off!

a classic tournament
You folks got me to watch a bit of it. It will always blow my mind how these pro’s shape shots with such precision. A game of microradians, micrometers and instinct.

Yes, good calls guys.

All told, our predictions weren't too bad again but what a finish! Great armchair viewing - gave me ample reason to get to sample the latest harvest of MG

great finish indeed!

what was Thomas , 4 shots back with 9 to play!?……remarkable comeback!

how was that sample of MG?……..(what is MG again , I know it’s not Miracle Grow lol)

great finish indeed!

what was Thomas , 4 shots back with 9 to play!?……remarkable comeback!

how was that sample of MG?……..(what is MG again , I know it’s not Miracle Grow lol)
It was very good thanks and should be excellent from about another month or so onwards. Looking forward to the cob cure too
1653330057325.png

I do feel sorry for Pereira. Double boggie on 18! Couldn't take the pressure.

Hooray for Chile!

that is one of the many wonderful facets of the game of golf , over 90% of the game is played in the space between one’s ears

playing golf is the ultimate sport

the golfer must call penalties on themselves no matter who is watching

a game of integrity

a golfer does not face any opposition other than themselves

playing golf is the ultimate test in any athletic competition and it is all played out in one’s mind

Pereira will learn and he will win a PGA event if not one of the Majors

he grew up and played golf with his buddy Jaquiem Neiman

Jaquiems reaction when Mito double bogeyed 18

2812DCC7-6DA9-4F79-98F8-AF5F1C2BF543.jpeg

golf buds

E3A4412B-C30F-4EDD-A81A-44937F2440BE.jpeg

Ok we are off again !

this time it’s the Charles Schwab Tournament and a lot of the big shooters will be there , even JT after winning the Open

the winners of the previous week usually take off the following week to roll around in all the dough they just won

but not JT or Zalatores , they are right back in the saddle and wouldn’t it be cool if they ended up in another playoff?

yeah , my money is on Scottie Scheffler the No.1 player in the world…he should be fired up after missing the cut last week

my pick for the long shot is South African Garrick Higgo…..there are 3 other SA players this tournament so they are well represented , I wish King Louie was playing

my sentimental pick is Brandt Snedeker

i also will keep my eye on Kevin Na , Ricky Fowler , Colin Morikawa

FORE!

Ok we are off again !

this time it’s the Charles Schwab Tournament and a lot of the big shooters will be there , even JT after winning the Open

the winners of the previous week usually take off the following week to roll around in all the dough they just won

but not JT or Zalatores , they are right back in the saddle and wouldn’t it be cool if they ended up in another playoff?

yeah , my money is on Scottie Scheffler the No.1 player in the world…he should be fired up after missing the cut last week

my pick for the long shot is South African Garrick Higgo…..there are 3 other SA players this tournament so they are well represented , I wish King Louie was playing

my sentimental pick is Brandt Snedeker

i also will keep my eye on Kevin Na , Ricky Fowler , Colin Morikawa

FORE!
With so much dough and those hot wives to roll around with, who can blame them for not wanting to get out and play!

That sounds like a confident pick.

Scheff seems to struggle at this course so I'll leave him out of my selection and go with Dan Berger and JS to battle it out with Tommy F as an outside pick and keep my eye on 18 others

some Colonial info on this week’s tournament

Major star power
If you're looking for an encore of last week's PGA Championship, you may be in luck.

Two of last week's contenders, Will Zalatoris and Mito Pereira, who both were a hair short of claiming the Wanamaker Trophy, will be looking for vengeance at Colonial.

Plus, some of the game's most notable names, such as Jordan Spieth, (who was runner-up at Colonial to Jason Kokrak last year), Collin Morikawa, Sam Burns, Viktor Hovland and world No. 1 Scottie Scheffler will look for a bounce back week after a lackluster PGA.

All eyes, however, will be on the most recent major champion, Justin Thomas, who's looking to become the first player to win a major and again the following week since Tiger Woods in 2006 (PGA/WGC-Bridgestone Invitational).

Full-field tee times from Charles Schwab Challenge

History class
The Charles Schwab Challenge at Colonial is the longest-running non-major annually contested at the same course.

Ben Hogan won the tournament's first two editions and got his 64th and final Tour win at Colonial in 1959. The Texan has the most wins at Colonial (five) — the course is often referred to as “Hogan’s Alley” — and is the last to successfully defend a title there (1952, '53). Of any active Tour event, it has the longest back-to-back winner drought.

Along with Hogan, the tournament has crowned top-flight champions such as Sam Snead, Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, Lee Trevino, Tom Watson, Phil Mickelson and Spieth.

Colonial's history, though, goes beyond its past champions.

It hosted the 1941 U.S. Open — the first time the championship was held in the south. The '91 U.S. Women's Open was also played there. At the '03 Charles Schwab, Annika Sorenstam became the first woman to compete in a Tour event in 50-plus years. And in 2020, the tournament was the first after the Tour was forced into a 13-week lull due to COVID-19.

A Texas-sized prize
This week's champion won't just take home the winner's trophy, a lump sum of cash and a tartan jacket, but they'll also pimp their ride, receiving a 1979 Firebird.

In 2019, the first year Charles Schwab sponsored the event, Kevin Na, that year's champion, was presented with a 1973 Dodge Challenger, which he gave to his caddie.

No vehicle was awarded to 2020 winner Daniel Berger due to COVID. However, last year, Texas native Kokrak took home a 1946 Dodge Power Wagon.

"I've probably got about 550 miles on it now," Kokrak said Tuesday ahead of his title defense. "Picked my son up from school in it the day I left for the Byron Nelson, so driving up to the school, everybody is like — they knew I was coming. They didn't know I was going to do it and drive the truck, but they were like, I can hear you coming in that thing.

"It's pretty funny, people will stop in like the middle of the road when I'm stopped at a stop sign and take pictures of it, and you get the thumbs up all the time from the road crews and whoever is watching. It's been a really fun thing. Our Christmas card with me and my family was all based around the truck."

The Scheff will be happy with his performance - seems to have got that monkey off his back.

Good call Big and not bad predictions all round - 2nd and 7th.

Now for Muirfield. My pennies are on Rory and Matsu with Beau Hossler as a rank outsider. Sentimental pick is Chris Bez

Scotty is in a zone and if he continues , he will be atop the leaderboard on the weekend.

We do get lucky with our picks for sure.

For example . The field for this weeks Memorial tournament is 120 invitees.

Any one of those 120 players has the potential to win the tournament if they get on a hot streak.

My pick this week is Jordan Spieth.

Jason Day a strong second.

Long shot pick Marc Leishman.

Sam Burns? He was off my radar 100%.

Oh yeah. The winner this week pockets a cool $2.160 million.

Matsu dq'd for marking a club - bummer

yeah that was odd..Hideki is probably one of the most honest and respectful golfers on tour……if he wanted to cheat , he would have put some clear acrylic on the face of his driver , not white fingernail polish

my longshot did not make the cut , Leishman is out….should have went with Zalatores again lol

Good choice on picking Rory , he looks dialed in

moving day today , let’s see who is hot and who is not

Rory was hitting those iron shots like silk until he went into neutral on Sat.
The field will have to go some to catch Billy Ho who's looking like he has one hand on that $2.16M

Yep yep , it is Billy’s tournament to win or lose

it is a race for 2nd Place now

in other golf news , Michelle Wie announced her retirement from the LPGA

i was hoping she would make a comeback but I see after her marriage and a new baby , she has other priorities

she is married to Jerry West’s son…….so money is no issue lol

Latest posts

Back