found some mold, now what?!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cannabiscotti

Reaction score
so i found some mold in one bud on one plant. i removed that portion and checked the rest of the patch, but didn't find any more. but that was a few days ago and it's still been raining off and on every day since.

the forecast says sun 2marrow, then 2 more days of rain. then 3 more days of sun in a row. i'm gonna make it out sunday to see how they're doin. this is my first outdoor grow and i don't want to end up with a bunch of moldy bud. if they look ok sunday, should i pull em or wait it out?

If your plants are getting a heavy dew/fog, and not getting sun first thing in the morning plus poor air circulation(not windy or in a covered area) You most likely will continue to have problems. A harvest with a dehumidifier may be in order. Without personal close inspection, it all depends on the risk the individual grower is willing to take. But then again..I am :bong2::bong2: BIU

they get pretty full sun from mid morning till evening, but it has been overcast between rains. i guess i'll see how they look 2marrow. maybe take down one or two to be safe.

pc duck--i know it's not safe to smoke mold, but do you know if its safe to make bubble hash out of it? iso oil? or anything else....?

Cannabiscotti, HIE had a moldy plant and he made iso oil out of it. He said that the alcohol killed the fungus. Do a search for his thread. Use the key word "mouldy", and you should find it.

hey thanks a lot alistair-- checked em out today, found mold on 2 plants, so took em all. spose to rain the next 2-3 days....would have been no good. all in all not bad, just found a lil mold in a couple spots. bagged it separate and threw all trimmins in the freezer.
but taking them down today kinda surprised me. i had to put together a place to dry them. the only place i got to hang em is bout 75-85*. i know--too much. BUT i do have a dehumidifier in there set to 35%, and a fan on low blown across them. hopin that will dry em out a lot real quick, and then i'll try to slow the process down some. they were wet and heavy when i cut em. tried to shake em out and be real gentle with a hair dryer on low/cold to remove most the moisture. so we'll see.....

--yea, so i dried them out real quick. a few i checked this morning, seemed crispy all the way through. put them in a brown bag for the day, and they still seem crispy-so i jarred em. the rest is still hangin--i changed the dehumidifier to 50%. so they were only hanging drying about 2-3days. too quick? do you think i'll see a change in the final product since they dried so quick???

Emergency! Will Robinson.

I have been fighting this stuff outside for years. Instead of boring you with long story I list my best advice. Depending on your situation.

1. Get them under plastic cover to keep rain off.. with open air circulating. Leave 2 opposite sides slightly open or more depending on an eyesights looking in.

2. Spray with "Green Light Fruit Tree Spray" .. or anything with pyrethrins in it. don't get the regular or concentrate Neem spray. Doesn't have the Pyrethrins. For Botrytis. If you can't do #1 above.

3. Run outside and shake the water off the plants after it rains.

4. forgot #4 move to place with more air and sunsihine. Last because obviously most difficult but possible. I moved all my 9 foot munsters inside because rain all day and cold front moving in. They not going to get much light but they 9 feet tall and i have ceiling fluros .. used to be an office and radio studio.

poor babies its going to be 42 tonight and rain all day tomorrow. Couldn't leave them in the cold. I put them back out soon as sun starts shineing again.

For now a little overhead 80 watt flouros per light is best I can do

:(

Hope its better than a cold rainy day outside.. ooops that reminds me .. time to shut the lights off for nighty night.

Terminal Head Clearance said:
Emergency! Will Robinson.

I have been fighting this stuff outside for years. Instead of boring you with long story I list my best advice. Depending on your situation.

1. Get them under plastic cover to keep rain off.. with open air circulating. Leave 2 opposite sides slightly open or more depending on an eyesights looking in.

2. Spray with "Green Light Fruit Tree Spray" .. or anything with pyrethrins in it. don't get the regular or concentrate Neem spray. Doesn't have the Pyrethrins. For Botrytis. If you can't do #1 above.

3. Run outside and shake the water off the plants after it rains.

hey--right on, didn't know about the pyrethrins. i'll have to check out the neem oil i got, it's in concentrate- but i already pulled the plants:welcome: :48: . got em dryin. but got a lot of it was already crispy dry in bout 2 days- used a fan on low in temps 75-85 with a dehumidifier set to 35%. they were heavy with water so i didn't want them to mold. did i dry them too fast??

Yes, you dried to fast if you had say couple ounces but for a barn theres a difference in how you deal with the too fast drying

ok rule #1 of drying doesn't matter size. 1 gram or 3 ounches or 9 pounds

Slower the drying process WITHOUT ANY EVIL MICROSCOPIC ORGANISMS FARTING AMMONIA ALL OVER THE PLACE!

Sorry, I hate those things.... nope I will not give them the recognition of naming them ... Speak to the hand.

For anything smaller than 3 or 4 plants at time.. You should not use a fan.

NO MATTER THE SIZE:

You cut it

Hang it

Smell and feel it as often as possible.

leave the long leaves on... he he he ...

hang them up side down the fan leaves will cover them

depending on plant size and/or numbers you may way to trim off the bigger fan leaves

slower the dry and the slower the cure

balancing act between rot decay and whoa... bud? Where did you find this?

ok well, when i did find them as crispy as they were, i cut the buds off and jarred them up. opened them up a couple times; so after they sweat, the moisture balanced out and they're softer now. put them in a wood box lined with paper to catch an trichs that fall, and set a piece of cardboard loosely on top . it's in the dark, temp is from 65-75 , and humididty is 55%. i plan on turning the buds next time i see em.

so, in the scheme of drying and curing, what detrimental things did i do? i imagine even though my buds have sweat some, they will stay green since the chlorofill is still there. and also the starchs will stay starches or is it possible they will still turn to sugar? i got 2 more indoor that will hopefully come down soon---they're driving me nuts---bagseed that has been flowering over 12 weeks(started flowerin July 1st!. the nicer buds look like big softballs-very rounded. very few calyxs but those softball buds continue to open new shoots on them. they are finally starting to get trichs. and at the same time, everday i open up my box i have new branches just now starting buds-very airy buds, like when the plants first begin to flower. and it's like the top 8 inches of branch too! as soon as these are done i'm ordering seeds- i just keep putting it off cause these won't finish......anyways, i should be ready to cure some buds if they ever finish

Latest posts

Back