found sunburst hydrofarm 400 watt problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr.determined

herb nerd
Reaction score
i had bought the 400 watt ballast/hood the other day for 60 dollars.got it home and the would make sound but no light.with the hps bulb in i would get it to flash when i would unplug the cord from the wall....being my first metal halide/high pressure sodium light did not know anything about them.wasnt sure if i had a bad igniter or bad bulbs.so i decided to separate the hood from the ballast and try to see if i had burnt or disconnected wiring.found nothing . so i put the bulb in and pluged it in and bot the mH and hps bulbs worked with out the hood on..reassembled and when and put it in the grow room and back to square one ,NO LIGHT..took and removed the hood again and tryed turning it back on and everything worked good..so with the light on tried putting the hood back on...i found that the mH/hps converter switch was grounding out in the hood after a good jolt of electricity running through me. best 60 dollars spent ever. thank you for craigslist.com

Latest posts

Back