Fox Farm Cultivation Nation 3 part (Liquid Nutrients)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I make my own compost. And yes of the Trio only Big Bloom is fully organic. I was just curious. They have other ferts that are organic. All their soils are.

Nice, don't get me wrong, I'm not against Organic. I'm just jealous that I don't have to ability to go that route at all. Explaining to my wife why I'm carrying manure into the house might be tricky.....

Cant disagree with you about fox farm soil... Its so organic and alive that your house will be full of fungus gnats in no time at all... Every bag of FF soil I buy here on the east coast is LOADED with fungus gnats... I boil the soil now (Hate killing the good stuff but hate the bad stuff more)... I also start my waterings early with a BTI tea. Thankfully, Fungus gnats are easy to get rid of. I dread the day I get mites or Root aphids.

Last edited:
These nutes have the same NPK as GH3 part I suspect they will perform the same.

I just ordered the 3 pack. I'll post back next grow if anyone is interested.

Thanks for the tips on GH3 but I'm going to stick with Fox farm considering I already have bottles of stuff. (Cha-ching etc..)

Review to come much later.

Thanks for the tips on GH3 but I'm going to stick with Fox farm considering I already have bottles of stuff. (Cha-ching etc..)

I use the GH 3 part but only order the Micro and Bloom
My soil is fine for Veg.
I feed half strength and not ever feed , I do plain water feeds in between.
I still use Cha Ching and the the big bloom adds

Thanks for the tips on GH3 but I'm going to stick with Fox farm considering I already have bottles ofhire stuff. (Cha-ching etc..)

Smoking with Tom in the SHire
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Think we've all been down this road of choosing a proper food for our lovely plants.
Getting caught up in the next best thing is easy.
#1. Soil you use makes biggest diff.
#2. Don't over use.

Roots organics soil I need very little foods
But FF Strawberry Fields I need more.
And now using FF Bushmaster Coco Loco. Miss roots organics...lol

Feed light handed weekly.. let the soil feed the plant

Think we've all been down this road of choosing a proper food for our lovely plants.
Getting caught up in the next best thing is easy.
#1. Soil you use makes biggest diff.
#2. Don't over use.

Roots organics soil I need very little foods
But FF Strawberry Fields I need more.
And now using FF Bushmaster Coco Loco. Miss roots organics...lol

Feed light handed weekly.. let the soil feed the plant

Man, this is great advice that I'm learning the hard way now. I'm following the Fox Farm feeding schedule at 1/2 strength and even at those low doses I wonder if the nutrients are causing more problems than good. I can see my leaf tips pointing down and may have mild nutrient burn.

I'm with you, let the soil do the job, add nutrients very lightly or they can cause big problems! Nutrient lockout is never a good thing.

Believe me bro, we've ALL been down this road. And here I find myself still searching for the best easiest product to use. I'm all about organics and flavor over yield.
I have foods by Mills but just not happy with them, the plants seem to burn their tips alot no matter what % I use.. leaf material showing discolored veins.

For now I'm using some old Roots Organics I had left, some Humboldt's budding schtuff of some kind..

With getting a new light sponsor though I should find something to use soon... lol

Last edited:
Well, I ran into some deficiencies and fox farm wasn't really working too well for me, so for now I'm using Dyna-Grow. Supposedly it contains all the minerals etc.. needed, I cant quite figure out what's in Fox farm. Its tough to fix a problem when you dont know what in the bottle. (Fox farm trio that is)

My water PH is around 7, adding Dyna-grow my PH drops to around 6.2 which means I don't have to add PH-UP and PH-Down. Fox farm requires a lot of PH adjustment and I hate adding drops if I don't have to. (I swear I'm using more drops to correct PH than the nutrients I'm adding !

I may still try the Fox farm 3 part next grow, but I may keep it real simple and go with Dyna Grow Protect, Foliage Pro, Bloom, and Mag Pro.

I ordered some GS 20-20-20. I guess it's similar to Jack's, but it was 3 lbs for $20. Planning to see how long I can use the same hydroponics water without changing it out. Probably use it on veggies first.

Lots of water soluble fertilizers around with different NPK ratios. With the right combination, I think I can get any NPK ratio needed. All the pre mixed stuff is a lot more expensive, and prices are still climbing rapidly.

Nice, don't get me wrong, I'm not against Organic. I'm just jealous that I don't have to ability to go that route at all. Explaining to my wife why I'm carrying manure into the house might be tricky.....

Cant disagree with you about fox farm soil... Its so organic and alive that your house will be full of fungus gnats in no time at all... Every bag of FF soil I buy here on the east coast is LOADED with fungus gnats... I boil the soil now (Hate killing the good stuff but hate the bad stuff more)... I also start my waterings early with a BTI tea. Thankfully, Fungus gnats are easy to get rid of. I dread the day I get mites or Root aphids.
Just spread it out in a kiddie pool in the garage and let it dry. They won't stay if it's dry.

Spay a little Azamax on the dirt and veg plants, (let plants dry before lights)
Bubba

Just spread it out in a kiddie pool in the garage and let it dry. They won't stay if it's dry.

Spay a little Azamax on the dirt and veg plants, (let plants dry before lights)
Bubba

I took your advice and created a soil bin. I'm working some soil now and trying to make an improved recipe with Fox Farm leftovers.

This is what i use to use when i was in Florida.

1650651737946.png

Latest posts

Back