Fox farm ocean forest soil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D3

Stoned Senior Member
Reaction score
I am using the 5 gallon smart pot. GH flora series nutes. I know the fox farm has some time released ferts in it but only for 1 month. I was wondering if anybody had a feeding schedule. This is my firsT Time growing dirT I've always growing hydro. :D :hubba:

I am not a strong soil guy but Its my understanding that the FFOF nutrients are organic and not really time released. It does feed over time as the microbial life in the soil makes nutrients available to the plants. Depending on the size of the plants, it may last longer than 1 month being 5gal of soil for 1 plant. It is also my understanding (according to everything I've heard and a lot that I've read) that using the "chemical" nutrients will quickly kill off the microbial life in the soil which will make the soil nutrients unavailable to the plants at some point after adding the chem nutes.

I would say to wait until flowering or until you see the plants start to show some signs of the soil nutrients being exausted(which ever comes first) before starting the chem nutes so that you get the most out of the FF soil. That will also protect you from over-nuting the soil and plants early on. Then go with the "Bloom phase" schedule for the GH nutes. :)

also dont forget to add a little garden lime to FFOF. I get mine from HD. has a good amount of magnesium and calcium

i use ffof and after about 3 weeks i start with the ff grow big. you can get a schedule at the ff web site . it can also be a bit hot for some babies. i give mine a good water soaking b4 planting.

I always added a little N before the flip as mine need it to make it through.

from their site (fox farms) : hMPp://foxfarmfertilizer.com/FoxFarm-Soil-Schedule.pdf

change the MP to tt

Latest posts

Back