Fox farm question?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crooked spine

Reaction score
Can i use Grow Big Hydroponic Liquid on soil?The guy on store say yes, but i want make sure...thanks:confused:

crooked spine said:
Can i use Grow Big Hydroponic Liquid on soil?The guy on store say yes, but i want make sure...thanks:confused:

The guy at store wants to sell to you..and you baught it...If it was me I would take it back and throw it at him. It say "Hydroponics" on it:doh:. I made this same mistake my friend when I started. and the answer to your question is

NO.

that is disigned for hydroponic. the NPK is wacked in soil . sorry for steping on any toes but I did make same error.

ummm noooooooo.
thats why it says for hydroponic use. It puzzles me why he would say that when they both cost the same amount. Remember, just cause the guy works there, doesnt mean he knows jack.

plus i think it would be cool if you threw it at him like burnin has suggested

yes you can use ANY hydro fert in soil..just cut the mix down to 1/4-1/8 strength and work with it might need to bump it up but 1/4 strength is a good start point on a 4+ week plant :) flushing the soil will need to be done at some point. and watch the PH keep it adjusted for soil ;)

burnin123 said:
The guy at store wants to sell to you..and you baught it...If it was me I would take it back and throw it at him. It say "Hydroponics" on it:doh:. I made this same mistake my friend when I started. and the answer to your question is

NO.

that is disigned for hydroponic. the NPK is wacked in soil . sorry for steping on any toes but I did make same error.

Wow, on the site it even says both are ok to use it with, interesting. It's funny, the guy at my local hydro store talks me out of the name brand stuff instead of selling me what I don't need or not being truthful about what I can use it with. He understands what long term customer is, my only ***** is the prices because they have the market cornered.

Mutt said:
yes you can use ANY hydro fert in soil..just cut the mix down to 1/4-1/8 strength and work with it might need to bump it up but 1/4 strength is a good start point on a 4+ week plant :) flushing the soil will need to be done at some point. and watch the PH keep it adjusted for soil ;)

That makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up.

Like Mutt said it can be used, but FF makes a Grow Big for soil, and one for hydro...so why not just get the one made for soil, and then you can just follow directions, and not have to worry about it.

You can also buy nutes online. I bought the FF soulubles from Humboldt Organics, it's the cheapest place I could find them.

Good Luck to ya!

burnin123 said:

NO.

LOL. I use 100's of gal RO H2O with GH3 for soil and ebb. Mix it up, dial it, water the ladies that are not in SS.

Latest posts

Back