Fox Farm vs Superthrive

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Draston

Reaction score
Which do you prefer as suppliments to your grow and why? If you choose Fox Farms then please explain which suppliments you are using and why (ie: Tiger Bloom, Beastie Bloom).

I am using superthrive right now but that is because of the pure fact that I don't hve a hydro store anywhere near for me nearly 180 miles. If I got home from college soon I'm going to stop in a town near my house and pick up some stuff from a hydro store and I was tihnking of picking up some Beastie Bloom, Tiger Bloom, and that one growth thing by Fox Farms. I'm liking the results of Superthrive right now after one one days use on my indo plants and 2 week use on my outdoor plant.

I wanted to know if Fox Farm is better and if so, by how much? Or are they both about the same.

Or an even bigger question... Do you use Fox Farms products and superthrive at the same time?

I use superthrive for clones and stressed plants. I doubt it does a thing for growth and it's a well known fact you don't want it anywhere near a flowering MJ plant.

alaskabud said:
I use superthrive for clones and stressed plants. I doubt it does a thing for growth and it's a well known fact you don't want it anywhere near a flowering MJ plant.

whys that? I thought a lot of people here used it during the flowering period.

Im currently using Fox Farm Big Bloom and Grow Big with the Superthrive at the same time and my plants look great.:D Im in the last few weeks of flowering and I still use the superthrive with the Fox Farm Big Bloom.

apples and oranges

S.T. is a stress reliever/growth promoter(cant find the right word) comprised of hormones and vitamins

FF is ferts

different.........

you'd be better off using BOTH!

SUPERTHRIVE IS NOT A PLANT FERTILIZER .. it is a vitamin supplement.

Get the Fox farms trio .... Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom, and Grow Big..... don't get the cha ching or the beastie bloomz... all that stuff is NOT meant for cannabis .. it's way to strong and def not what you need.

I would suggest getting a good grow guide.... and you don't need superthrive unless you are cloning, have stressed plants, or on young seedlings.
Again superthrive is not a fertilizer.

super thrive is not a growth inhibitor, it actually promotes below the ground root growth.

Mr.Wakenbake said:
SUPERTHRIVE IS NOT A PLANT FERTILIZER .. it is a vitamin supplement.

Get the Fox farms trio .... Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom, and Grow Big..... don't get the cha ching or the beastie bloomz... all that stuff is NOT meant for cannabis .. it's way to strong and def not what you need.

I would suggest getting a good grow guide.... and you don't need superthrive unless you are cloning, have stressed plants, or on young seedlings.
Again superthrive is not a fertilizer.

super thrive is not a growth inhibitor, it actually promotes below the ground root growth.

ah ok thanks for the tip. I think I'm going to buy some big bloom, tiger bloom, and grow big this weekend when I go home.

Now I have a question...

since I'm in veg right now and I'm going home to buy this stuff I wouldn't use the tiger bloom and big bloom right now correct? I'd just use the grow big and superthrive.

If ou do a search on this forum there is a feeding schedule for the FF trio. I would recommend that schedule of feeding. (starting at lower doses of course to see you plants tolerance) I have used the schedule with great success. Also make sure you have PH up and down because Tiger Bloom lowers the PH a lot. If you cant find the chart I will see if I can find it when I get home.

Your hydro shop will also have the feeding schedule... GL man, and spend some time talking to the people in your hydro store. That is the best place to get info on products.

Latest posts

Back